Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Fake or legit: Please help

Fake or legit: Please help

Hi there guys i am in need of a new lens and i have found this site http://www.nofrillscameras.com.au/ its and Australian one, can anyone please let me know if this is a reliable or legit site because the prices do seem pretty cheap, and im keen to buy

Thanks, Tom

Real Name
    Steve

Re: Fake or legit: Please help

Hi Tom; doesn't look all that cheap to me but we've had a site based in Russia masqerading as an English site with an online number and stolen identity.

This one was so good it fooled me after numerous checks and it was only the telephone exchange code that made me suspicious;(020 3239 was a code for my London online number) untill somebody from the highly reputable company whose identity was hijacked said it wasn't them.

Personally I would go with who I know or use Paypal; bearing in mind Paypal only insure goods from top traders if at all in Australia.

Hope somebody closer can help and welcome to the site.

Real Name
    Ian

If in doubt don’t.
    It might cost more from a well known reputable retailer, but the peace of mind and the customer service could be worth the extra.

Real Name
    Alexander Rose

The server appears to be located in Hong Kong.
    Nothing to worry about as from my experience, that's pretty common in the Land of Oz.
    The site belongs to a Mr Steve O'Bryan who also owns the site http://www.ryda.com.au/

That's no proof whatsoever, but I think it appears legit.

Real Name
    William (call me Bill)

Quote Originally Posted by taski96 View Post
    Hi there guys i am in need of a new lens and i have found this site http://www.nofrillscameras.com.au/ its and Australian one, can anyone please let me know if this is a reliable or legit site because the prices do seem pretty cheap, and im keen to buy

Thanks, Tom
    I have never dealt with them.
    I suggest you contact Mr Leo Cannavo and have a chat to him.

[Follow the Link provided and read]

“NO Frills
    Welcome to NO Frills Electronics.
    No Frills Electronics is 100% owned trading company of Ryda Pty Limited. Established since 1956 Ryda operates its businesses out of its fully owned premises situated in Sydney.”

[Then SEARCH “Ryda Pty Limited” and get]

“730 Parramatta Road Petersham, NSW 2049 Australia Ph: 02 9568 8888 Fax: 02 9568 8838 Email: support@ryda.com.au A.B.N 96 002 765 568 A.C.N 002 765 568 . . .

. . . Also our team of customer service representatives guarantee their commitment to ensure that your order will be picked, packed and promptly shipped subject to matters out of our control.
    I hope this quick overview about us gives you the confidence to shop with us online
    And the safe experience you would be looking for.

Enjoy Easy Shopping
    Leo Cannavo
    Managing Director

Trading Hours and Pick Up Times

Our Show Room trading hours and pick up times are Monday through Friday 8.30am to 5.30pm, Thursdays to 7.00pm and Saturday 8.30am through to 4.00pm
    Banking details:
    Account name: Ryda Pty Ltd
    BSB 082-057
    Account 594975760”

WW

Real Name
    Have a guess :)

Quote Originally Posted by William W View Post
    [Then SEARCH “Ryda Pty Limited” and get]

“730 Parramatta Road Petersham, NSW 2049 Australia Ph: 02 9568 8888 Fax: 02 9568 8838 Email: support@ryda.com.au A.B.N 96 002 765 568 A.C.N 002 765 568 . . .
    For what it's worth ... from Google street view ...

Fake or legit: Please help

Real Name
    Noel

hi Tom,

Ryda is everything the web site says they are -a reputable company that has been around almost as long as I can remember. They were a leading company in car audio for many years. I think you would be quite safe dealing with them.
    - Noel

Real Name
    Kim

HI all. Ryda exists in Parramatta (suburb of Sydney). I've bought my humble camera and lenses through them about 18 months ago. I had done alot of looking around before I bought, and they were well priced at that time. They offered good customer service (I'm not associated with the in any way) and I would buy through them again. I don't, however, know about NoFrillsCameras. Not sure if this helps. Kim