Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Low light conditions techniques

Re: Low light conditions techniques

I'll try with the self-timer and IS next time. I can't use anything to place the camera on, because often there's nothing to place them on.

you can save time messing with wb on the scene if you shoot raw since the white balance isn't set, all custom white balance does in this case is add a meta tag with a suggested wb. Then if you have time when you've got all you need you can shoot a whibal card or something as the last shot for reference in seting wb in post later.

I also use a fuji finepix, a s5600 to be precise and pics turn out ok at iso 64 and 100 for personal use at least. I use a fold away velbon tripod which is easy to carry (folds to about 50cm) and extends in a few seconds. If space is issue etc you could use it like a monopod albeit a tiny bit bulkier (ie. extend legs but not open if you know what I mean) that way you have a lightweight solution that will give you tripod functionality should you need or have more time.

Note on raw side of things does your camera support raw? I know a few of the entry level finepix do but some don't. Even some of the updated models had it dropped (ie. my s5600 will save as .raf but the s5700 (7mp update) is jpeg save only).

I don't think mine has RAW shooting ability, because it's not a setting on the camera and it's not mentioned in the manual...

Quote Originally Posted by GreenTea View Post
    I don't think mine has RAW shooting ability, because it's not a setting on the camera and it's not mentioned in the manual...
    Then set it for the largest file it can make. Sorry, like I said, not familiar with your camera.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12