Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Nature at its best - C&C are most welcome !!

Real Name
    Tejal

Re: Nature at its best - C&C are most welcome !!

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowman View Post
    Nicely captured and composed.
    Many thnx John.

Real Name
    Nandakumar

Thejal; while you mentioned about the flatness of the original image, i too felt that could be the reason because i too get many morning, flat images with no scope of SOOC. But seeing the beauty of the muted colors of the original, i started wondering what you were really expecting; i too like brilliant colored landscapes; but i equally like the beauty of pastel type; this is a real success in that way....it really reflects a traditional Indian riverside scene as Donald has commented exactly.....

Real Name
    Tejal

Quote Originally Posted by Wavelength View Post
    Thejal; while you mentioned about the flatness of the original image, i too felt that could be the reason because i too get many morning, flat images with no scope of SOOC. But seeing the beauty of the muted colors of the original, i started wondering what you were really expecting; i too like brilliant colored landscapes; but i equally like the beauty of pastel type; this is a real success in that way....it really reflects a traditional Indian riverside scene as Donald has commented exactly.....
    Thnx for your feedback. Flat I mean , no clouds in the sky. Somehow I don't like to play with saturation n hue which I have touched this time n I failed in doing that miserably.

Real Name
    Nandakumar

I don't think your color enhancement was bad; it is also a nice image; but when we have choices, we select the preferred one; actually all the three work for me

Real Name
    Tejal

Quote Originally Posted by Wavelength View Post
    I don't think your color enhancement was bad; it is also a nice image; but when we have choices, we select the preferred one; actually all the three work for me
    . . Thnx

Real Name
    Manfred Mueller

Tejal - I like all three of your images, but to be frank, the B&W does the least for me, while the last one works best of all.

The B&W image seems to have lost too much of what we saw in the SOOC image, and that shot is tending to the monochrome already with the weak pastel tones. The subtlety has been lost in the B&W conversion.

When I look at the SOOC, it is rather muted, but the little bit of tweaking you have done to produce the third image, that one is starting to work for me. You've moved the black and white points, and that has brought out the subtlety in the sky. The pink clouds and hint of orange in the water really work well. I think Dave is right; you are probably 85% there and a bit more tweaking (perhaps bringing out more of the texture in the trees) will get you where this image needs to go!

Real Name
    Tejal

Quote Originally Posted by GrumpyDiver View Post
    Tejal - I like all three of your images, but to be frank, the B&W does the least for me, while the last one works best of all.

The B&W image seems to have lost too much of what we saw in the SOOC image, and that shot is tending to the monochrome already with the weak pastel tones. The subtlety has been lost in the B&W conversion.

When I look at the SOOC, it is rather muted, but the little bit of tweaking you have done to produce the third image, that one is starting to work for me. You've moved the black and white points, and that has brought out the subtlety in the sky. The pink clouds and hint of orange in the water really work well. I think Dave is right; you are probably 85% there and a bit more tweaking (perhaps bringing out more of the texture in the trees) will get you where this image needs to go!
    Thnx for the valuable suggestions. I will revise it n will saw you.

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

What you can see in this discussion, Tejal, is that different people have different preferences. Manfred likes your processed colour version the best, whilst I think the muted colour in the original work best of all.

But the most important thing is that you must not think of this as being 'correct' or 'incorrect'. In your response to Binnur you said, "Thnx Binnur for your valuable feedback. Yes I will correct it." I am assuming that you are not writing in your native language and may have given a different meaning to the use of the word 'correct'. But I want emphasise that there is nothing wrong with any of the versions of this image that we have seen. They are different, not wrong.

And whilst we can all state our preferences and make suggestions as to what we think would work best, you are the artist who has made this and the final image should, more than anything, reflect and represent your mood and emotion that you experienced at the time as you were preparing to take this image. So, which of these three versions did you 'see' in your head as you clicked the shutter? That, to me, is the ultimate question. The image has got to be what you want it to be.

And, of course, the reason we can have this discussion, is because we have been presented with a very fine scene and a strong composition, very well captured by you.
    Last edited by Donald; 26th December 2015 at 05:09 PM.

Real Name
    Tejal

Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    What you can see in this discussion, Tejal, is that different people have different preferences. Manfred likes your processes colour version the best, whilst I think the muted colour in the original work best of all.

But the most important thing is that you must not think of this has being 'correct' or 'incorrect'. In your response to Binnur you said, "Thnx Binnur for your valuable feedback. Yes I will correct it." I am assuming that you are not writing in your native language and may have given a different meaning to the use of the word 'correct'. But I want emphasise that there is nothing wrong with any of the versions of this image that we have seen. They are different, not wrong.

And whilst we can all state our preferences and make suggestions as to what we think would work best, you are the artist who has made this and the final image should, more than anything, reflect and represent your mood and emotion that you experienced at the time as you were preparing to take this image. So, which of these three versions did you 'see' in your head as you clicked the shutter? That, to me, is the ultimate question. The image has got to be what you want it to be.

And, of course, the reason we can have this discussion, is because we have been presented with a very fine scene and a strong composition, very well captured by you.
    Thanks Donald for your kind and motivating words. It's always pleasure posting in the forum and I have learnt n am learning everyday something new.

Real Name
    Richard

I like the image quite well but, I noticed two additional crops that I also like:

1. Nature at its best - C&C are most welcome !!

2. Nature at its best - C&C are most welcome !!

Of course, when shooting the original image, you would have been restricted by the focal lengths you had available. This could be an example of my often repeated claim that longer focal lengths are a viable (but certainly not the only) possibility when shooting landscapes.

Additionally, I often don't restrict myself to the standard print size ratios...
    Last edited by rpcrowe; 26th December 2015 at 06:32 PM.

Real Name
    Dave

That last color version is by far my favorite. Wonderful image.

Dave

Real Name
    Tejal

Quote Originally Posted by rpcrowe View Post
    I like the image quite well but, I noticed two additional crops that I also like:

1. Nature at its best - C&C are most welcome !!

2. Nature at its best - C&C are most welcome !!

Of course, when shooting the original image, you would have been restricted by the focal lengths you had available. This could be an example of my often repeated claim that longer focal lengths are a viable (but certainly not the only) possibility when shooting landscapes.

Additionally, I often don't restrict myself to the standard print size ratios...
    Oh these crops are looking very nice. Thnx .

Real Name
    Tejal

Quote Originally Posted by Dave A View Post
    That last color version is by far my favorite. Wonderful image.

Dave
    Thanks .

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12