Thread: "Professional" Photographer's Family Photo Spread.... REALLY???!!!

"Professional" Photographer's Family Photo Spread.... REALLY???!!!

Brace yourself... The article is fairly self-explanatory.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/lifestyle/...ectid=11975285

I think her first mistake was not learning to take photos properly.
    Personally I would have put the family in a shaded area (there seems to be one behind) to avoid the whole over-contrasting thing. Then it just got worse from then on...

Real Name
    Trevor Reeves

Re: "Professional" Photographer's Family Photo Spread.... REALLY???!!!

Probably not the "professional"s fault Way too much sunscreen

Real Name
    John

Nice link.

Real Name
    Dave

I saw this one a few days ago and I think it is a made up story. I can't imagine anyone, no matter how inept at processing, could produce shots like these, other than intentionally.

As Oscar Wilde wrote - "There is only one thing in life worse than being talked about, and that is not being talked about."

Dave

Dave I had the same reaction myself, but remain unsure. I was asked by a friend to photograph their friends' wedding as a freebee because they were very cash-strapped. It was going to take place at high noon in mid summer and the weather was going to be cloudless. The wedding was taking place outside in a park to save money, so I went to check out the site and was relieved to see that there were some big trees and buildings with verandahs available. On the day they announced that a "professional" wedding photographer had graciously decided to shoot their wedding but that I was welcome to come along anyway and enjoy the festivities. So I brought my gear anyway. I was surprised to see the "Professional" photographer shoot the party in the glaring sunshine, where everyone was either noticeably squinting or wearing sun glasses, furthermore the sun produced very unflattering shadows on the eyes and chins. After letting the "pro" do her thing I was allowed to take the wedding party under the trees and in the shade of buildings where the contrast was very much reduced.

I processed the shots that night and came out with about 100 images that I could be happy with. I emailed the family to say that if they wanted them just to let me know and I would supply soft copies for them to do as they wished. After a considerable pause they asked for the images as the other photographer's shots were so horrible...

SO... from that experience, if the photographer was that bad to begin with, I could imagine that they PP might leave something to be desired.

But who knows???
    Last edited by Tronhard; 20th January 2018 at 06:50 PM.

Real Name
    Manfred Mueller

It was nice for her to leave her logo on the images so that we can check her out. There really is a Lisa Hall who is a photographer in Missouri...

http://www.lhallphotography.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Manfred M View Post
    It was nice for her to leave her logo on the images so that we can check her out. There really is a Lisa Hall who is a photographer in Missouri...

http://www.lhallphotography.com/
    I would doubt she would tolerate the story associated with her brand to be shared if, in fact, it was not true.

Maybe she is a relation to the "professional" wedding photographer I experienced...