Real Name
    Greg

Seascape - Echoes of Summer

Continuing on the abstract path...

Seascape - Echoes of SummerSeascape-I--Echoes-of-Summer by Greg, on Flickr

Real Name
    Ole

Re: Seascape - Echoes of Summer

This is not as good as your other works in this genre, Greg. The bottom third is too dark between the curves for my liking
    Cheers Ole

Real Name
    Greg

Re: Seascape - Echoes of Summer

Sorry to disappoint you again Ole. The slightly more saturated hue at the lower edge which you find distasteful is the sea. It's a bit darker down there because the sea is darker than the sky. Just a bit of realism in the scene. The elliptical shapes are intended to represent various watercraft - surfboards, paddleboards, canoes, kayaks, skiffs, outriggers, yachts and their sails, etc. The shapes are formed by aligning two safety railings about 3 metres apart. When I saw the kind of result I was achieving on the lcd, with the one being out of focus looking like a shadow on a wall I decided to work that and tweaked it slightly in processing so that the viewer might wonder whether it was a natural scene or a shadow on a wall, and which curved line was in the foreground and which in the background. And the size of the ellipses increase left to right to suggest a kind of development - an echo perhaps that might be congruent with the idea of shadows suggesting the past also. Anyway, I starting to ramble. Thanks again for looking and commenting.