Thread: Sometimes a cell phone just won't do the job...

Real Name
    Richard

Sometimes a cell phone just won't do the job...

This was shot with a cell phone at a restaurant after a Father's Day Brunch. The waiter shot the image and it was squeezed in at the sides. He had the phone in the vertical position - holding a phone in a horizontal position will fill the frame left to right. Additionally, the light was very contrasty and coming in from a window at image right. The cell phone just doesn't have the latitude to cover a harsh lighting situation like this. We are blown out image right. I know that my A7iii or even my A6600 could have done a better

Sometimes a cell phone just won't do the job...

BTW: Image right to left: Julie (my step-daughter), her biological father, me and my wife...

Real Name
    Dan

Re: Sometimes a cell phone just won't do the job...

True, a phone is no substitute for a real camera under adverse conditions. But as my wife tells me often when I complain about a candid that I took with a real camera but that is technically weak anyway, a photo can be a great memento anyway. In fact, she said it again Wien I printed a photo that I ahead taken with available light at a high ISO.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Real Name
    Daniel

I like the photo. I like the composition, poses, and facial expressions. If the waiter would have stood back a few more feet you would have had a pretty good photo.

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Love the shirt, Richard. I wouldn't work in Scotland, but in Southern California it'll be just perfect. You're looking well, sir.

Real Name
    Richard

Bad thing about a photo is that it shows me how old I am. When I look in a mirror, I filter the vision via my memory...

Real Name
    Daniel

Old people are the best. They don't get rowdy and want to fight when they get drunk. They don't drive like maniacs. At least they don't think so. The list goes on.

Real Name
    Manfred Mueller

I guess we need to get on to Apple, Samsung and all the other phone manufacturers and get them to include a "respect" filter that makes us older folk look more the way looked a few years (decades?) back. Canes, white hair, wrinkles, bald spots could all be "corrected" by in-camera software.

I'm sure they would sell quite a few of these models...

Real Name
    Richard

Quote Originally Posted by Manfred M View Post
    I guess we need to get on to Apple, Samsung and all the other phone manufacturers and get them to include a "respect" filter that makes us older folk look more the way looked a few years (decades?) back. Canes, white hair, wrinkles, bald spots could all be "corrected" by in-camera software.

GREAT IDEA... Let's crowd fund it!

Real Name
    Ted

Quote Originally Posted by rpcrowe View Post
    Originally Posted by Manfred M Sometimes a cell phone just won't do the job... I guess we need to get on to Apple, Samsung and all the other phone manufacturers and get them to include a "respect" filter that makes us older folk look more the way looked a few years (decades?) back. Canes, white hair, wrinkles, bald spots could all be "corrected" by in-camera software.

GREAT IDEA... Let's crowd-fund it!
    At 80+, I'm in ...

Real Name
    Dave

"Don't worry if your reflection in a mirror seems blurred. It's just your aging eyesight shielding you from the way you look nowadays"