Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What's in Focus?

Real Name
    Dan

Re: What's in Focus?

Let's all count to 10.

Ted was very clear about the purpose of the OP:

Here's how to extract 1px data and thereby determine what was in focus and was not in focus.
    It wasn't about what is and isn't artisitically valuable, and it wasn't about how to deal with lack of focus in postprocessing.

I personally would have placed it in this forum as well. Analyzing what is and isn't in focus is often an important part of postprocessing. I can see new uses for it as well, e.g., to quickly check whether any new "AI" tool used for blurring accidentally blurred the wrong stuff. Would be a lot faster than pixel peeping.

It's not uncommon for postings to veer off into other topics. I think that's fine, as long as we recognize what the original topic was.

Real Name
    Ted

Quote Originally Posted by DanK View Post
    Let's all count to 10.

Ted was very clear about the purpose of the OP.

It wasn't about what is and isn't artistically valuable, and it wasn't about how to deal with lack of focus in post-processing.
    Thank you, Dan.

It's not uncommon for postings to veer off into other topics. I think that's fine, as long as we recognize what the original topic was.
    Agreed 100%.

Real Name
    Philip

Having been a photographer (as a hobby) for only a decade, I consider myself to be a novice. I find all the contributions to this thread to be interesting and instructive, whether or not they are 'on topic', so I certainly wouldn't want the thread to be deleted. Thank you to all.

Philip

I shall leave my attempts at mediation there then...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12