Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How would you crop this?

Real Name
    Steve

Re: How would you crop this?

Quote Originally Posted by ScoutR View Post
    the blocking object is a person
    Sorry About the statue comment Alis, I thought for sure the blocking object was some kind of dark coloured statue.

How did you manage to get the subject so well exposed and the other person so dark. They appear to be quite close together. It does not make sense to me unless it was photoshopped or something, which I suppose would also account for the dark blue fringe that I see in certain areas. I'm just learning all this stuff, so I mean no disrespect with all the questions, just curious.

Wendy
    Doesn't look like a person; it looks like Darth Vader. The girl is nice but I thought it was some sort of fixed furniture; and best left in to make sense of the girls posture.

I like the girl.

Real Name
    Ali

the blocking object is a person
    Sorry About the statue comment Alis, I thought for sure the blocking object was some kind of dark coloured statue.

How did you manage to get the subject so well exposed and the other person so dark. They appear to be quite close together. It does not make sense to me unless it was photoshopped or something, which I suppose would also account for the dark blue fringe that I see in certain areas. I'm just learning all this stuff, so I mean no disrespect with all the questions, just curious.

Wendy
    Don't worry Wendy.I like questions and these are actually very reasonable

I was taking her picture and someone moved back and blocked part of the picture. I took like 20 pictures of her from that place but only this one is really sharp and well lit. In rest of them her eyes are closed or she is talking and her mouth is open and so on, that is why wanted to keep this one.

The other person is darker probably as result of the combination of my PP specially the vignetting I applied plus the fact that that persons coat is dark and out of focus. As you can see part of the skin from the side of the face is visible and is not that dark.

Thanks for working on the picture!
    Last edited by Dave Humphries; 30th December 2009 at 09:11 PM. Reason: fix quote tag

Wow! I'm begining to like this shot.

If only the entire face was show and that she was more towards the left.

Real Name
    António Correia

Hei ! How about my version ?

How would you crop this?

Real Name
    Wendy

I like it. Actually this shot looks less and less like an accident. With Antonio's crop it looks like the lady was being a bit camera shy and hiding behind something and then you caught her when she peeked out.
    I like it

Wendy

Real Name
    António Correia

I like it. Actually this shot looks less and less like an accident. With Antonio's crop it looks like the lady was being a bit camera shy and hiding behind something and then you caught her when she peeked out. I like it Wendy
    Yes it does look like so now.

Real Name
    Ali

Quote Originally Posted by Antonio Correia View Post
    Yes it does look like so now.
    I don't think so, Antonio. I think you are leaving too much black on the side. I have difficulty justifying that

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12