Thread: Embarrassed

Real Name
    wm c boyer

Embarrassed

I've got several hundred CR2 images on a CF card which I've imported into LR...now I need to convert
    them to TIFF images to use in Zerene stacker.
    How do I convert them to TIFF...simply easily?

Real Name
    Haseeb Modi

Re: Embarrassed

Export image format as Tiff.

Real Name
    Dan

Re: Embarrassed

Quote Originally Posted by HaseebM View Post
    Export image format as Tiff.
    That's one option. A cleaner one, which won't leave you with duplicate TIFF and CR2 files, is to use the Zerene LR plugin. Then just select the specific images you want to stack and export with the plugin. It will create the TIFF files, open Zerene, and load them. The TIFFs will be in a temporary folder and will be deleted when you are done unless you save the project.

The plugin gives you several methods of exporting. If you want to save the working files as TIFFs in Prophoto (I think the default might be sRGB jpegs), use the Export menu and choose the zerene entry. This brings up a dialog box that lets you set file format preferences.

If you don't want to use the plugin, you can create an export preset to do this. I did this before the plugin was released. the export preset I created saved 16-bit ProPhoto TIFFs to a subdirectory named "burned for stacking." But if you do this, you then have to remove the temporary files and import the saved composite back into LR