Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Show off your Compact & Bridge Photos

Re: Show off your Compact & Bridge Photos

Hi
    Great shots and I attended a talk on Saturday and the lecturers told us they have dropped the DSLR for bridge cameras and shot only in JPEG. The photos prints shown were brilliant. It really is all down to the photographer's eye not so much the equipment, which some get detracted by.

Real Name
    Amy Latka

Taken with a Canon SX120 IS in macro mode.

Show off your Compact & Bridge Photos

Real Name
    Eva-Maria

Re: How Do You View You

Quote Originally Posted by carregwen View Post
    If you mean the flowers, I either use a large black art mount board (the stuff that's used for mounting photos). Or, if I'm outdoors I use the black surface of a fold-up reflector/diffuser - one of those 5-in-1 thingees, like this thingee. Pretty cheap, and light to carry.

A nice portrait shot you have there.
    That was an old post of the first page of this thread.
    I'm really stupid, but dare to ask: where do you put or lay the "reflector"? I mean, do you place it on the camera or somewhere near the object?

Real Name
    Dave Humphries :)

Quote Originally Posted by alatka View Post
    Taken with a Canon SX120 IS in macro mode.

Hi Amy,

Welcome to the CiC forums from me, great to have you join us and with a picture in the first post.

Not bad at all, how long have you been shooting with the SX120 and 'into' photography?

Cheers,

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Quote Originally Posted by Juniper View Post
    I'm really stupid, but dare to ask: where do you put or lay the "reflector"? I mean, do you place it on the camera or somewhere near the object?
    Eva-Maria

I'm sure Rob will come in with his response once he sees your post.

But, in the meantime, you might want to have a look at the discussion about reflectors that's been taking place in the 'School of Portraiture' lessons that Colin is running on C in C. His first lesson is here. And the second one is here. It is the second one that starts getting in to some detail about reflectors.

Real Name
    Eva-Maria

Oh yes, thank for the links: there was found many pictures of the reflector - and shown how it works - great! That's something I must try out, too. TY!

These are beautiful. Who makes the Finepix S-7000? I am new to this and have a Canon Power Shot A720 IS.

Real Name

Quote Originally Posted by ncworkshop View Post
    These are beautiful. Who makes the Finepix S-7000? I am new to this and have a Canon Power Shot A720 IS.
    Hi there and welcome to the CiC forums,

Quick answer; Fuji

Cheers,

The slightly longer answer is that the S7000 is over five years old now, although mine still works as well as the day I bought it. The HS10 seems to be the latest offering from Fuji although the S200EXR looks pretty nifty too. The fuji cameras always seem to give very vibrant colours at bit like the old fuji film.

Steve

Real Name
    John

Out in Los Angeles for a few days R & R. Took this photograph with my P90, didn't do any post processing. I had planned to ask one of the forum members "how does a photographer get shots of those curls without getting wet?" I guess this is the answer. This was taken from the boardwalk at Santa Monica Pier mid afternoon, used a CP filter on my DSLR for most of my other shots.

Real Name
    John

Pier at Shoreline Village in Long Beach, California. Taken with a Nikon S220 point and shoot.

Real Name
    Jim

My pocket/travel camera is a Panasonic Lumix LX3. I only shoot RAW, mostly in AV mode, but the only way to get true DOF with these P&S cameras seems to be in manual focus, and it does a reasonable job. I spent almost a month in the UK in May and took only my LX3 as I didn't want to carry all the Canon gear. I am very impressed with the LX3, and it's main downside is a limited zoom.

The first is a new building in Manchester with a massive cantilevered overhang. I have done some editing in HDR to achieve this unrealistic result.
    The second is a small garden I discovered in London CBD, and the tulips were so beautiful. I used the front flower as an attention grabber, and the DOF here worked very well.
    The third is a forested area in far western Scotland near the island of Ghia.

Last edited by Meremail; 1st September 2010 at 12:03 PM.

Real Name
    John

Nice shots Jim. Great colors in all three. Welcome to the group.

Real Name
    Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowman View Post
    Nice shots Jim. Great colors in all three. Welcome to the group.
    Thanks John. You were a bit quick for me and I was editing the extra fluff code from around the images as I posted the html code from my Flikr site. This is the first time I have linked an image, so I am getting the idea.
    Jim

Real Name
    Terry

I think this guy must have checked himself in to West Coast Choppers for a custom paint job!

Shot with a waterproof Panasonic DMC-TS1 in macro. Not the greatest, but at least a decent PFD Pocket Derringer that I don’t have to worry about when I fall into the river!

Took about 4-5 shots before the wind took him away. Tried as is, with flash, with flash with EC @ -1 stop, -2 stops, and finally settled on this one with EC @ 0 and a white bounce card (quickly cut out from a Sweet & Low box) to attempt to soften the shadows and shed a little light on the lower right side and his head.

No idea what kind it is.

Real Name
    John

Quote Originally Posted by Loose Canon View Post
    I think this guy must have checked himself in to West Coast Choppers for a custom paint job!

Shot with a waterproof Panasonic DMC-TS1 in macro. Not the greatest, but at least a decent PFD Pocket Derringer that I don’t have to worry about when I fall into the river!

Took about 4-5 shots before the wind took him away. Tried as is, with flash, with flash with EC @ -1 stop, -2 stops, and finally settled on this one with EC @ 0 and a white bounce card (quickly cut out from a Sweet & Low box) to attempt to soften the shadows and shed a little light on the lower right side and his head.

No idea what kind it is.

Hi Terry,

Nice shot, I am not a bug expert but it looks like a banded sphinx moth. I did a search and after two pages found a similar looking specimen.

Taken with my first camera, other than my phone.
    Is a powershot s90
    3-+ex
    photomatix
    cs2
    Last edited by r7t5uk; 26th September 2010 at 02:51 PM. Reason: subcrided to thread

Real Name
    Mike Bareham

THE CRACK, Tate Modern, London

THE STACK, Tate Modern

MAIN HALL, Tate Modern

Canon A520

Real Name
    mitesh

wowwwwww steve...i googled the finepix s700 - cnet's given it a terrible rating, and yr pics are awesome!!! are you sure you got the height in the first 2 pics with that camera? oh...or is it panos click and stitched??? must be a dumb question but i'm on the verge of deciding on a camera and keep getting confused with all the awesome results i see online from various cams and the average rating everyone seems to get...

Real Name

Quote Originally Posted by cityscapelover View Post
    ... i'm on the verge of deciding on a camera and keep getting confused with all the awesome results i see online from various cams and the average rating everyone seems to get...
    Hi Mitesh,

That's because, as we often say; it's the guy or gal with their finger on the button that makes far, FAR more difference to the images produced than the camera's spec. so go with one that feels comfortable to you, including finding your way around the menus. Oh, and second is good PP techniques, the camera comes fourth, after the lens if DSLR, or joint third if P&S with fixed lens

Cheers,

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast