Page 10 of 28 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Central European Lines

Re: Central European Lines

The coast line of Romania and Bulgaria is around 380 miles long.The endemic poorness of both nations
    Central European Lines
    was understood by Marie who,with Her natural common sense,built that small architectural jewel as no other is on entire Romanian and Bulgarian sea side.
    Last edited by Radu Dinu Cordeanu; 3rd January 2012 at 08:44 AM.

This woman who was never upset if the soldiers calling Her "mom" asking for water or to replace their bandages borne as the daughter of Prince Alfred the Duke of Edinburgh and the Grand Duchess Maria Alexandrovna of Russia on 29 October 1875.Her adventurous life begun when She fell in love with Prince George of Wales(before to become King George V)

Central European Lines

But their mothers didn't want to merry them.So,at17,She was married with Ferdinand of Romania the nephew of The King Carol I of Romania.Soon after Her arrival here,in Romania,Marie felt in love with Zizi Cantacusene,a young lieutenant,and gave birth,in Germany,to a child whose fate is unknown.

Central European Lines
    Last edited by Radu Dinu Cordeanu; 9th January 2012 at 10:44 AM.

After Marie came in Romania She embraced Christian Orthodoxy Faith proving Her total attachment at Romanian nation.Below you could see what remained from Her Orthodox Icons after WW II and Communism passed over.

Central European Lines
    Last edited by Radu Dinu Cordeanu; 11th January 2012 at 01:38 PM.

At the end of 19th and the beginning of 20th the woman's world from here was divided between traditions which were kept in villages and so called modern which was in towns.The most visible aspect of that division was fashion-traditional(national) costumes at villages and West fashion at towns.When Marie came here She perceived the entire beauty of national costumes and begun to wear them.Suddenly the high life discovered what had been forgotten.
    (Below you could see such costumes from my photo-collection)

Central European Lines

Nowadays,here,to be married at 17th is rather an exception.I don't know if in those time to marry so young was the rule,but thinking what was in my family,in those times,it seems that was not the rule.Despite of that Marie proved that Her mature was fast.In 1914,after Carol I died,She reached the throne as Queen Consort.In that moment in Central and West Europe the WW I begun and Marie who was the mother of six children(seven with that whose fate remained unknown)self transformed into a man-woman working to enter into the war against Germany(although there was a secret agreement with Germany).Mary understood very fast that one of the roles of the crown is to give unity to a nation.
    Central European Lines
    So that I suppose the promotion of traditional costumes was not without a hidden aim.
    Last edited by Radu Dinu Cordeanu; 14th January 2012 at 05:25 AM.

It is hard to step into the privacy of the Queen Marie because the successive administrations changed the destination of the rooms and the furniture position.

Central European Lines

Beside of that many pieces which could define Her personality disappeared.A wardrobe and a clock cannot define a queen's personality.
    Now there are very few old people who are alive and could tell their memories to the visitors.Of course no one asks an old survivor for every visitor but books with their memories would have been well received.

Central European Lines

Real Name
    Mal

Thanks for sharing these Radu. I've finally had the time to go through your thread and there are some stunning captures here. Looking forward to your future posts and documentary.

Quote Originally Posted by Goldcoastgolfer View Post
    Thanks for sharing these Radu. I've finally had the time to go through your thread and there are some stunning captures here. Looking forward to your future posts and documentary.
    Thanks for Your kindness!

After the war,at the peace discussions,She said "...the Romania needs a new face and I will be that face..."At the Paris,Marie begun "to open all doors" working for Her Kingdom more than many native Romanians did.
    With Her Nando(Ferdinand I) this royal family tried to integrate Their country into that new Wilsonian Europe.

Central European Lines
    Last edited by Radu Dinu Cordeanu; 18th January 2012 at 07:10 PM.

In 1938 Marie died.As She wished,Her heart,in a silver pot,was placed in a small chapel near the palace as a proof of Her love for this place.Her body was buried near Ferdinand I at Curtea de Arges Monastery,on the left side of the pronaos (on the right side being Carmen Silva).In 1940,when Bulgaria ruled again over Balchik,Her heart was placed at Bran Castle in Romania,and the place remained without its soul.

Central European Lines
    Last edited by Radu Dinu Cordeanu; 22nd January 2012 at 05:42 PM.

Now the tears of those who admired only Her personality or who loved Her body dried long time ago...

Central European Lines
    Last edited by Radu Dinu Cordeanu; 26th January 2012 at 10:40 AM.

At the middle of the last autumn I traveled to south,in Bulgaria,again.

Central European Lines

I arrived at Varna,a Black See side town

Central European Lines

Varna has around 300,000 inhabitants and two of the virtues of the new era are raised into the haven

Central European Lines

From Varna we went on the right on a road to South

Central European Lines

Here passing over the hills we met first snow.Later the people told us it was,a week ago,a very bad weather with storm which broke the trees down on the roads.

Central European Lines

Real Name
    2 penny for the guess..

Radu,

I really don't get this last one, hope I'm not offending. But, if your "lines" cross Sofia, I'll be happy to have a beer. Give me a PM for this, if you want.

Leo

Quote Originally Posted by LeoLeo View Post
    Radu,

I really don't get this last one, hope I'm not offending. But, if your "lines" cross Sofia, I'll be happy to have a beer. Give me a PM for this, if you want.

Leo
    Thanks for your interest,(1)my buoyancy helped me don't commit the suicide .(2)this "line" doesn't go to Sofia and future "lines" only God knows...(3)I never drink with unknown people.
    Thanks again for your interest.

Page 10 of 28 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast