Thread: KEH Camera

Real Name
    Pat

KEH Camera

Hi Folks, just wondering if anyone has any experience of a camera outlet near Atlanta Georgia in the USA know as KEH Camera.

Pat.

Real Name
    Steaphany

Re: KEH Camera

I have known of KEH for a while, but to date have not purchased from them. They were recommended to me as a good source to buy large format cameras, but I haven't accumulated the funds to venture beyond my Mamiya RB67, yet.

Real Name
    Pat

Thank you for your reply Steaphany, I am interested in a Canon EOS 1V-HS and they seem to stock some, a friend of mine is going to the States, Florida. around christmas and asked if I would like him to bring something back for me.

northern Virginia suburb of Washington, DC

I haven't purchased anything from KEH but every time I am interested in used equipment I review their offerings before making a decision. That's because they have a terrific reputation and a no-questions-asked return policy. If I did find an offering from them that fit my needs, I wouldn't hesitate to buy from them.

Real Name
    Dan

I've sold to KEH, but I haven't yet bought from them. I wouldn't hesitate to do so, if I were buying use (not refurb) equipment, for the reasons Mike noted. In fact, the few times I have gambled and bought used equipment from individuals, I have started by checking KEH's price. I won't buy from individuals I don't know--who offer no guarantee,and whose evaluation of the equipment may not be accurate--unless the price is much lower than KEH's.

Real Name
    Steaphany

I regularly buy from B&H in New York, always great service, and they have a nice Used Equipment Department, here is a video showing how rare their collection can get:

Real Name
    Kathy

I've purchased (and returned) used/vintage gear from/to KEH, B&H, and Adorama. All are excellent with good, published return policies, and conservative/consistent grading. I wouldn't hesitate to use any of them for used purchases if I were in the US. For me, they're well worth the premium over eBay/Craig's list for the peace of mind.

However, if you're outside the US and having someone else buy the gear for you, it may be different, given that a) you can't personally inspect the merchandise or b) easily return the item via post if it's not what you envisioned. If your friend knows how to grade the item, that's different.
    Last edited by inkista; 18th October 2015 at 08:24 PM.

Real Name
    Richard

Usually, since they need to make a profit on their sales to exist, used items from commercial vendors are often priced higher than individually sold used items. However, for the same reason, these commercial vendors may be more trustworthy since their very existence depends on good customer relations and feedback.

Real Name
    Steaphany

If you know what you want, check out Bellamy Hunt aka JapanCameraHunter:

Real Name
    chris

I've purchased several items from KEH. Near as I can tell, they are to cats pajamas for used gear. Their condition ratings are very good, meaning that gear rated low in their system is actually in pretty good condition. Their prices also have been very fair for the items I have purchased. I'd recommend them in a heartbeat.

I have purchased from them and they are trustworthy. There prices and grading are A+.

Real Name
    Pat

Thank you all for your replies,
    Pat

Real Name
    Gary

Pat last Friday I picked up Canon 28-135mm f/3.5 I will post here when I get the lens to say how it works. Gary B....

Real Name
    Pat

Hi Gary, really appreciate that,
    Best Wishes. Pat.

Real Name
    Gary

The lens came in yesterday. So far it looks good. no problems that I can see. It was late so no picks. Will up date today.

Thornhill, a suburb of Toronto, Ontario Canada
    Real Name
    Robert

Pat,
    Although I live in Canada I have purchased a great deal of equipment from KEH over the last ten or fifteen years, and have never been disappointed with any of it.
    I've also sold them some gear when their purchasing rep. attended Camera Show Swap Meets here in Toronto.
    They are honest, with high standards, excellent personnel and outstanding customer service.
    Best prices? No. They are after all a retail outlet, and you'll pay less buying from private individuals.
    But how does one put a price on peace of mind?
    I recommend them without reservation.
    Robert

Real Name
    Pat

Robert,
    Thank you very much for your reply, sounds like KEH are to be trusted.