Thread: Ayutthaya

Real Name
    Ashish Chalapuram

Ayutthaya

Ayutthaya is the former Thai capital and is of high historical importance and is on the UNESCO World Heritage List. Many temples here were destroyed during the Burmese invasion of Thailand. Here is a small compilation from the Ayutthaya Historical Park.

C&C welcome.

Ayutthaya

Ayutthaya

Ayutthaya

Ayutthaya

Ayutthaya

Ayutthaya

Ayutthaya

Ayutthaya

Real Name
    John

Re: Ayutthaya

Structures were nicely captured, too bad about the featureless skies.

Chesterfield, Missouri/Melbourne, Australia
    Real Name
    Izzie

I wonder about that too, Ashish -- the sky is bland but your pp of the ruins is excellent. The second to the last shot is a bit bothering to me because it shows what destruction can do to a whole population if we allow the bastards to scare us instead of fighting for the survival of our culture. Sorry about the language...I am angry about this kind of destruction. And to think that yesterday I just received a solid jade bracelet that originally came from Myanmar, Burma.

Real Name
    Nandakumar

A really great set of images

Real Name
    Sergio

Ashish, the sky may not have been doing you any favors but the detail you got because of the diffused light is fantastic. It looks like a very interesting place with a lot of history, I'm sure.

Sergio

Real Name
    Dan

Interesting looking location. Yes a more dynamic sky would have helped. But we play the cards we're dealt as best we can...

Real Name
    Ashish Chalapuram

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowman View Post
    Structures were nicely captured, too bad about the featureless skies.
    Thanks John... I agree with you but these were taken sometime during mid day and it was a bright flat sky with almost no clouds to be seen.

Real Name
    Ashish Chalapuram

Quote Originally Posted by IzzieK View Post
    I wonder about that too, Ashish -- the sky is bland but your pp of the ruins is excellent. The second to the last shot is a bit bothering to me because it shows what destruction can do to a whole population if we allow the bastards to scare us instead of fighting for the survival of our culture. Sorry about the language...I am angry about this kind of destruction. And to think that yesterday I just received a solid jade bracelet that originally came from Myanmar, Burma.
    Thanks Izzie.. yes, it's sad to see the destruction of such beautiful structures but i guess the history of our world is filled with conflicts and destruction.

Real Name
    Joe

I visited these same sites three years ago and took many of the same shots. Yours are much better than mine! Did you also visit the market place on the river? The food there looked very tempting but I could not handle the heat of the peppers!😂

Real Name
    Ashish Chalapuram

Quote Originally Posted by joebranko View Post
    I visited these same sites three years ago and took many of the same shots. Yours are much better than mine! Did you also visit the market place on the river? The food there looked very tempting but I could not handle the heat of the peppers!Ayutthaya
    Thanks Joe ... I did visit the Damnoen Sadouk floating market near Bangkok and I love spicy food Ayutthaya

Real Name
    Manfred Mueller

Nice images Ashish - That is one part of Thailand I did not get to when we were visiting that part of the South-East Asia a few years ago.

Unfortunately, travelers are often are on a fixed timetable and we are stuck with the conditions at the site when we get there. These shots remind me of some of the ones I took at Hampi, India, where at times the conditions were rather similar. You do what you can with skies like these.

One technique I try to use in this type of situation is to shoot in such a way as to reduce / minimize the sky in the image (although that does not always work or result in a good image).

Real Name
    Richard

Quote Originally Posted by IzzieK View Post
    Izzie,

Your comment reminds me of a quote from Edmund Burke, "The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."