Real Name
    Griddi

Re: All Lit Up - C&C Welcome

very nice.....

Real Name
    Trace

Hi Jim,
    I'm really enjoying your photo. Whilst it is often said we should be able to see the eyes, I personally feel this view of dragonflies and butterflies is also very special. You've got good depth of field across the wingspan and I'm appreciating the play of the light within the image; the contrast of light and dark certainly accentuates the dragonfly, though I have to admit I'm finding the uniformity of the background a little odd in that I'd expect more graduation with the intensity of the light on the dragonfly itself. Would you mind sharing a little on your settings and technique for photographing and processing? I'm guessing you've separated the subject from the background to black out any distracting elements, but would love to hear more.

Real Name
    Jim

Quote Originally Posted by PhotoByTrace View Post
    Hi Jim,
    I'm really enjoying your photo. Whilst it is often said we should be able to see the eyes, I personally feel this view of dragonflies and butterflies is also very special. You've got good depth of field across the wingspan and I'm appreciating the play of the light within the image; the contrast of light and dark certainly accentuates the dragonfly, though I have to admit I'm finding the uniformity of the background a little odd in that I'd expect more graduation with the intensity of the light on the dragonfly itself. Would you mind sharing a little on your settings and technique for photographing and processing? I'm guessing you've separated the subject from the background to black out any distracting elements, but would love to hear more.
    Thanks Griddi, Trace, Nandakumar and John.

Nothing special with this one Trace. Just very bright sunshine against a dark background. Then some PP to make the background completely dark.