Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Question about 40D behavior

Re: Question about 40D behavior

Quote Originally Posted by rick55 View Post
    I definitely want a 40D.
    No you don't. What I want is to be driving a red Ferarri down through southern France en-route to the Riviera, with a lush blonde sitting in the passnger seat. On arrival at the luxury beach-house she will get me legless on vintage champagne before.... ahem! that's enough.

If on the other hand you really do want a 40D then check out the used 40D site

Real Name
    Rick

Quote Originally Posted by carregwen View Post
    No you don't. What I want is to be driving a red Ferarri down through southern France en-route to the Riviera, with a lush blonde sitting in the passnger seat. On arrival at the luxury beach-house she will get me legless on vintage champagne before.... ahem! that's enough.
    [/URL]
    Absolutely: driving a red Ferarri, with a 40D in the trunk (or boot), so as to have wonderful memories of the fun at the beach house with the blonde. That's why I want to get a used 40D, to save the rest for the beach house rental...

The site is perfect - I'll order soon. Riiiiggghhhhtt.

Cheers,
    Rick

Real Name
    Have a guess :)

No you don't. What I want is to be driving a red Ferarri down through southern France en-route to the Riviera, with a lush blonde sitting in the passnger seat.
    You see that's the difference between you and me Rob ... I don't care what colour the Ferrari FXX is, and if the blond happens to be a stunning brunette then that's OK with me too.

Actually, I had to laugh at a news story I read the other day. I'm sure it's a lot more serious than I'm taking it, but I'm struggling with it ... apparantly Britnet Spears ex-bodyguard is suing her because she kept pestering him for a bit of the old "nudge nudge, wink wink". I have to say that if Britney Spears was pestering my for that, suing her would probably be one of the last things on my mind!

Moving on ...

Rob, here's a youtube clip of the FXX in action ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfF1Fzx8tmA - turn the sound up

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Quote Originally Posted by Colin Southern View Post
    . apparantly Britnet Spears ex-bodyguard is suing her because she kept pestering him for a bit of the old "nudge nudge, wink wink".
    Y'see, the poor guy just probably wanted a 40D.

Real Name
    Rick

Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    Y'see, the poor guy just probably wanted a 40D.
    Isn't that what "nudge nudge, wink wink" is? My wife said I could have "nudge nudge, wink wink," so I went to KEH and ordered the 40D.

Rob, here's a youtube clip of the FXX in action ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfF1Fzx8tmA - turn the sound up
    Lush! I like the bit at 1:15 mins when the driver hands the passenger his mobile phone - presumably to ring his priest for the last rites.

Isn't that what "nudge nudge, wink wink" is? My wife said I could have "nudge nudge, wink wink," so I went to KEH and ordered the 40D.
    Rick, I have to say (there he goes again) that I'm disappointed in you. Have you learnt nothing on this forum? Were you not reading my post yesterday on getting the better of the fair sex? Photoshop blues

But I admit, your strategum here should be slightly different, as in...

Rick:
    "Darling, I was thinking of driving to San Fransico for the weekend with the girlfriend in her Ferarri, and I ju...."
    Significant other: "You want to WHAT!!!!"
    Rick:(move forward here): "Well OK, maybe I do need to clean out the garage this weekend. What if I got the 40D from KEH while I'm here?"
    Significant other: "Oh, I suppose so..."

You see? Simple. Just let me know if you need any further help. That's what Mods are for.

Real Name

Yeah, sex and all that stuff is OK from time to time I suppose ... but you have to have the REAL THING once in a while! (photography, of course!).

Real Name

Lush! I like the bit at 1:15 mins when the driver hands the passenger his mobile phone - presumably to ring his priest for the last rites.
    Yeah - that car is VICIOUS!

I want one!

You see that's the difference between you and me Rob ...
    The only difference between you an me, Colin, is that I'm in Wales, and you aren't. The sheep are the same.

Real Name
    Rick

See, there's the value of this forum: car talk, and tips on how to convince your SO that a piece of gear is, if not a good idea, at least the lesser of two evils.

Cheers,
    Rick

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12