Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: your opinion please

Real Name
    Aldo

your opinion please

So this is my first post, so be gentle please. Just some of my (I think) best pictures.
    ( i'am editing this post, i need to learn how to post the photo's. Need to go now, but will edit this post later this evening (for me its evening)

Germany Eifel Area
    your opinion please
    Germany Eifel Area
    your opinion please
    Germany Eifel Area
    your opinion please
    Germany Eifel Area
    your opinion please
    Germany Eifel Area
    your opinion please

Germany Düsseldorf statue
    your opinion please

Rotterdam taken from Eurotower
    your opinion please

Rotterdam taken from Eurotower
    your opinion please

Belgium a special garden
    your opinion please

Köln dome in Germany from within the train station
    your opinion please

Hope you like them.
    Last edited by bluesbrother; 20th September 2010 at 06:29 PM. Reason: just fooling arround getting to know the forum technical possibilities

Real Name
    Steve

Re: your opinion please

I like lots of them, especially the last five or six.

Real Name
    Have a guess :)

Hi BluesBrother ... welcome to CiC; great to have you with us. Do you have a first name we can use?

The images all look pretty good to me - the only couple of things that strike me as being perhaps a little "sub-optimal" is that some appear slightly "flat" (almost like a barely perceptable grey "fog" over them caused by the black clipping point not being higher, and a slight softness due to not quite enough sharpening (which is quite common). Hope you don't mind, but I've given one of them a Photoshop 30-Second Makeover (TM!) just to show you what I mean. If you look closely you should see most of the slight grey "fog" gone - the image looking a little clearer, and a touch less saturation.

Hope YOU like

your opinion please

Real Name
    Aldo

Quote Originally Posted by Colin Southern View Post
    Hi BluesBrother ... welcome to CiC; great to have you with us. Do you have a first name we can use?

Hope you don't mind, but I've given one of them a Photoshop 30-Second Makeover (TM!) just to show you what I mean. If you look closely you should see most of the slight grey "fog" gone - the image looking a little clearer, and a touch less saturation.

Hope YOU like
    I like and my name is Aldo. Thanks for the adjustment. I'am pretty new at photoshop but i am learning as we speak. (lynda.com, i can recommend them), Making the pictures better looking is something i need to learn. Thanks for welcoming me. I will be back.
    Bluesbrother

Real Name
    Wendy

I'd love to look at them but they won't load for me

Wendy

Real Name
    Dave Humphries :)

Quote Originally Posted by ScoutR View Post
    I'd love to look at them but they won't load for me

Wendy
    Nor me, but I'm at work and wondered whether they were big and had hit a firewall.

I will check out tonight from home, unless things develop further this afternoon.

Cheers,

Real Name
    Steve

They all gone now Wendy but they was very good. You can see the one Colin did, well they was at least as good and lots of them.

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

6pm and all Aldo's pictures are showing up fine via Firefox browser.. And I like a man (or one of those other things) who photographs vineyards!!

Real Name
    Dave Humphries :)

I agree, I see them now I'm home, with FF, but I was also using FF at work (shhh, don't tell IT, we're supposed to use IE and I do mostly, except for CIC)

Perhaps a server failure, now rectified?
    Last edited by Colin Southern; 20th September 2010 at 07:19 PM.

Real Name
    Richard

I really like the picture of the Kolner Dom, it's a great idea for a shot. To me it's really evocative, it's an interesting composition and it strikes me as the first view most people get of it so has a sense of purpose about it. It may just be me because I lived nearby as a child but I think that shot is pretty special.

Real Name
    Aldo

I guess all is fine in the state of denmark, or in other words, everybody can see my stuff ?

Real Name

Quote Originally Posted by bluesbrother View Post
    I like and my name is Aldo. Thanks for the adjustment. I'am pretty new at photoshop but i am learning as we speak. (lynda.com, i can recommend them), Making the pictures better looking is something i need to learn. Thanks for welcoming me. I will be back.
    Bluesbrother
    Hi Aldo,

Glad you like it. What version of Photoshop are you using?

Kelbytraining.com is my favourite "watering hole" for training, although we can talk you through the adjustments I did to your image pretty easily if you'd like.

Hi Aldo

I have to confess it was only a few months ago that I first watched the Blues Brothers. What a great film. Good choice of screen-name and avatar. Welcome to CiC.

Your shots? Very good, but I think the ones with a lot of sky would have been much improved with an ND grad filter. Do you have some?

Real Name
    Aldo

Colin, I am using CS4. I am starting getting the hang of it. But it's difficult to know what to do, when.
    I mean when you need to apply a certain filter or mask. But a lot train and error.
    I need to find out for myself how things work. Thanks anyway !

Real Name
    Aldo

Quote Originally Posted by carregwen View Post
    Hi Aldo
    I have to confess it was only a few months ago that I first watched the Blues Brothers. What a great film. Good choice of screen-name and avatar. Welcome to CiC.Your shots? Very good, but I think the ones with a lot of sky would have been much improved with an ND grad filter. Do you have some?
    Thanks, nice to be here. I have watched The Blues brothers when it came out in 1980 ( i was 9 then) about 4 times in the theater, on VHS for about 25 times, en now on DVD for another 25 times i think. I know every line from the movie by heart (and soul For me it's a way of life. Accept for the illegal stuff, the car chase, the nazi's, the talent for music, the car, the woman and the pinquins. Further more it's about the same.

Needed to Google ND grad filter. But no i don't have one. but will get one. Looks better indeed. Can i apply something like that with Photoshop CS4 after the fact ? Nice website you have, great pics too. I like the black and white.

Real Name
    Richard

The blues brothers is the best film ever

I was introduced by my father when I was ten, my brother and I wore out the VHS within a couple of years.

Can i apply something like that with Photoshop CS4 after the fact?
    yes

CS4/5 have the grad tool which allows you to darkem/lighten a graduated area of the shot (not just the top). But it's best to do it in the camera with a filter. I did an edit of one of your shots to show how it might have come ou with a filter. You can see that the sky has much more contrast, and so too does the land areas. The quality of the edit is not very good as it was a small file.

your opinion please

Real Name
    John

Nice collection, especially the garden statues. I recently photographed a few that were displayed in a local cemetery. i will post later. Welcome to the group.

Real Name

Quote Originally Posted by RichB View Post
    The blues brothers is the best film ever
    Interestingly, when The Blues Brothers first came out I actually walked out of the movie part way through because I was finding it boring beyond imagination ... but many many many years later I saw it on TV and really enjoyed it ... not sure what to make of that to be honest - I must be mellowing in my old age!

Real Name

Colin, I am using CS4. I am starting getting the hang of it. But it's difficult to know what to do, when.
    I mean when you need to apply a certain filter or mask. But a lot train and error.
    I need to find out for myself how things work. Thanks anyway !
    CS4 is certainly more than capable. Just keep in mind though that Photoshop is a VERY DEEP and VERY WIDE program ... entire books are dedicated just to parts of the program (like LAB colour - or Selections & Masks - or retouching) so nobody ever gets familiar with all of it; hopefully just the bits you need to do what you need to do.

Personally I found that video tutorials helped things "sink in" a lot more than the books, but that might just be me. Don't hesitate to ask if you need help with anything; figuring things out for yourself is great, just don't develop too many bad habits along the way!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast