Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Snow G in flight

Real Name
    Sharon

Snow G in flight

Not sure anybody will like the PP, but eh... tried to see what could be done to it.

Snow G in flight

Danke,

Sharon

Real Name
    Ole

Re: Snow G in flight

Sharon, not everybody's cup of tea but I do like it as it is.
    Cheers Ole

Real Name
    Dave Humphries :)

Hi Sharon,

Leaving aside the contrast side of the PP (which I don't object to), my thought was that it's a shame they're not better placed in the frame.

Unfortunately, due to the dark clouds and bright areas, I'm not sure cropping this any further would help.

You probably don't need me to say that ideally, they wouldn't be flying out of the frame*

That said, if this is a crop - and you have an uncropped capture with more space on the left - it might be worth a revisit - it's just a thought.

While I'm thinking, if you were trying to tell a story; e.g. flying to warmer climes to escape the winter cold, rather than monochrome, you could perhaps partially tint this, giving a slightly warmer (yellow/red) tint to the bright area and/or cooler (blue) tint to the darker areas. I'd be very subtle about this though, it should barely be noticeable.

That said, I see it isn't actually monochrome anyway, very low level blue, so perhaps a slight boost of the yellows in the highlights alone might achieve this.

HTH, Dave

* ask me for clarification of this phrase if needed.
    Last edited by Dave Humphries; 15th March 2017 at 08:19 AM.

Real Name
    Sharon

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Humphries View Post
    Hi Sharon,

Leaving aside the contrast side of the PP (which I don't object to), my thought was that it's a shame they're not better placed in the frame.

Unfortunately, due to the dark clouds and bright areas, I'm not sure cropping this any further would help.

You probably don't need me to say that ideally, they wouldn't be flying out of the frame*

That said, if this is a crop - and you have an uncropped capture with more space on the left - it might be worth a revisit - it's just a thought.

While I'm thinking, if you were trying to tell a story; e.g. flying to warmer climes to escape the winter cold, rather than monochrome, you could perhaps partially tint this, giving a slightly warmer (yellow/red) tint to the bright area and/or cooler (blue) tint to the darker areas. I'd be very subtle about this though, it should barely be noticeable.

That said, I see it isn't actually monochrome anyway, very low level blue, so perhaps a slight boost of the yellows in the highlights alone might achieve this.

HTH, Dave

* ask me for clarification of this phrase if needed.

Thank you sir, for your comments.... they are always appreciated.
    I will go back to the original raw file and see what I can do with it yet as you mention the fact that it's not really in frame means I should shoot again.
    They will actually be leaving back to Canada pretty soon.... they are usually here in washington state thru the end of march.