Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Into Food Photography

Real Name
    Jean

Re: Into Food Photography

2 and 3 for me, with a preference for # 3 for the simplicity of the BG.

Real Name
    Sharon

Draws a huge breath.......!

Two things to declare upfront.

I have an Advertising/marketing background...and I introduced Donald to this place in Kingsbarns.

It isn't far from where we both normally live..although I am currently in the far north.

Now..I think the toastie shack is brilliant...for the following reasons.

It is on the Fife coastal path..a beautiful but harsh walk. Any eejit could have pulled up an ice cream van..but the truth is, when ye reach Kingsbarns, yer cold, probably wet, the east wind has whupped yer sails and you need something warm and welcoming..

What better than a cheese toastie and soup? They are not cheap..they are exquisite and 'high end'....a totally indulgent delight after a hard walk. This is their marketing strength.

I love Donald's shots of the food...but with all due respect to him ( and yes..we have talked about this!)

The Unique selling point of the Toasty Cheese shack is providing tasty , warming food on a somewhat harsh walk.

The 'bright and beautiful' pics produced by Donald for them do not portray the wonder of being cold to the bone and finding warmth, sustenance ...and good craic.

It isn't 'surf land'...it's so much better than that.

Real Name
    Richard

I love it when young people start a business and love it even more when they are successful. I would think that social media would be important to a business like the Toasty Cheese shop and these images might become an important part of that media campaign...

Our daughter achieved her Master's Degree in Human Resources Management and the qualified for a very prestigious certificate in that field. However every time there was an opening at the top of a company that she was working for, the company would bring in an outside male for the position.

Her husband, who is a great salesperson, said that she should venture out on her own. I thought, Wow! She is earning a very decent salary and is ready to give that up for the iffy chance of a success...

Well, she opened her own human resources consulting business specializing in working with businesses and corporations that do not have their own human resources department. Ten years later, she has employees with a payroll of a half-million dollars and she is opening branches in Oregon, Utah and Texas...

I was always a salary minded person and never really had the gumption to start my own business. I wonder what would have happened if, after retiring from the Navy, I had tried photography full time Being a lousy business person, I think that I might have failed. However, my wife and I are quite comfortable with our respectable retirements from our salaried positions...

Real Name
    Brian

for the macaroni and cheese sandwich how about finding a way to include a bottle of ketchup?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12