Thread: Kane

Real Name
    Manfred Mueller

Kane

I've been trying to get an interesting shot of Kane for a couple of months now, but have never been all that happy with what I managed to get. He never stops moving, so that makes photographing him quite challenging. I was lying on my back on the ground while he was crawling on a small table above me. He noticed me there and headed to the edge of the table to look down at me wearing what his mother refers to as "his naughty face" expression. No worries about falling - his mother was ready to grab him if he moved any closer to the edge of the table.

Kane

northern Virginia suburb of Washington, DC

Re: Kane

Your months of persistence and patience certainly paid off with this one. Perfect eye contact! And your narrative is a great example of the importance of learning that we shouldn't always assume that a photographer's default position should be the standing position.

Real Name
    Richard

Nice one! Although some folks say that there is a similarity between photographing babies and photographing dogs, I have never really been all that successful with babies as my subject...

Real Name
    John

Nicely captured.

Real Name
    André

Manfred,
    This has got to be the most beautiful baby photo that I have ever seen! I would have to disagree with his mother that he has a "naughty look" on his beautiful face. I see a very inquisitive mind at work. Enjoy every moment that you can with him because he will grow fast. Next thing you know, he'll want to borrow your car.

Did Grandma knit the nice sweater that he's wearing?

André

Real Name
    Susan

Super shot. It brings you in like a magnet and you can't help smiling with him. Lovely. HI! Kane.

Laying on your back has given this image a wonderful POV. What a beautiful looking child.

Great capture, Grumpy !

Chesterfield, Missouri/Melbourne, Australia
    Real Name
    Izzie

Quote Originally Posted by Jim A View Post
    Great capture, Grumpy !
    You could have titled this post as Citizen Kane. Anyway, this one post above will stick, Grumpy -- what a pretty child! Is this one from your daughter who got married last year? Just curious...

Real Name
    Manfred Mueller

Thanks for all of the comments. I hope to get a few more of Kane, as the weather improves

Quote Originally Posted by IzzieK View Post
    Is this one from your daughter who got married last year? Just curious...
    Yes he is, Izzie; the wedding was almost 2 years ago. Kane has his first birthday in about a month.

We spent a couple of months in India visiting with him (and of course with our daughter and son-in-law). He and our daughter came back to Canada with my wife (I left a couple of weeks earlier to set up the house for a baby) and they will be staying with us until the middle of June. This was a strategic move on our daughter's part; April, May and the first half of June are the hottest months of the year in India, but by the middle of June, the monsoon rains arrive and the temperatures drop to a more reasonable level.

Chesterfield, Missouri/Melbourne, Australia
    Real Name
    Izzie

Quote Originally Posted by GrumpyDiver View Post
    Yes he is, Izzie; the wedding was almost 2 years ago. Kane has his first birthday in about a month.
    How time flies...when Bill told his friends about us having our first grandchild all of them said that the demographics will suddenly change. They were right -- we feel ancient and can now feel the joint aches and the headaches trying to just pin that jelly on the wall to stop her from moving about, sit down and talk to us properly. And these are made in calls via Skype, Duo or Whatapps. Just like ours, yours will also be more overseas than near you.

We spent a couple of months in India visiting with him (and of course with our daughter and son-in-law). He and our daughter came back to Canada with my wife (I left a couple of weeks earlier to set up the house for a baby) and they will be staying with us until the middle of June. This was a strategic move on our daughter's part; April, May and the first half of June are the hottest months of the year in India, but by the middle of June, the monsoon rains arrive and the temperatures drop to a more reasonable level.
    Good luck, Grumpy...you are now allowed to change your username to????

Real Name
    Barbara

Wonderful capture of a precious subject!