Thread: Jamaica Vacation - No Beach Shots

Real Name
    Suzan J

Jamaica Vacation - No Beach Shots

I recently spent a week in Jamaica with my son and his family. My husband and I had been there before, 35 years ago... In one way, things have changed, in that, it was more difficult to find authentic foods and the overall vibe seemed rather generic at the resort. What has not changed is the the grinding poverty which is still apparent. I find this somewhat surprising considering the amount of tourist dollars that would be spent there. In any event it is a beautiful place and worth the travel.

I had problems with the humidity causing my lens to become blurry. The first shot is not edited at all except for some contrast.

Jamaica Vacation - No Beach ShotsDSC_2693.jpg by Suzan Johnson, on Flickr

Jamaica Vacation - No Beach ShotsDSC_2705.jpg by Suzan Johnson, on Flickr

Jamaica Vacation - No Beach ShotsClue#4 - Red Rhymes with Lead.jpg by Suzan Johnson, on Flickr

Real Name
    John

Re: Jamaica Vacation - No Beach Shots

Nice shots, is that one of the horses you can take out into the ocean?

Real Name
    Suzan J

Hi John: Yes, indeed, that is one of the areas where you can go horseback riding. My son and his family went on this excursion and rode through a small village, some farm area, and then on the beach. They did enjoy this outing and the horses were quite broke and calm.

Real Name
    John

Quote Originally Posted by Suzan J View Post
    Hi John: Yes, indeed, that is one of the areas where you can go horseback riding. My son and his family went on this excursion and rode through a small village, some farm area, and then on the beach. They did enjoy this outing and the horses were quite broke and calm.
    Hi Susan,

Glad to hear the excursion is still popular, it is an exhilarating feeling being out there in the surf with a horse as a wave runner. Did your son get the video package?

Chesterfield, Missouri/Melbourne, Australia
    Real Name
    Izzie

You sound like you've been there, John...in most places we went to in our cruise last year, two have horse back riding in the ocean. Susan's horse here looks very nicely done. The sunglasses is a selfie shot taking a picture and I will guess that the other half of the sunglasses has her hubby. I like that composition...

Real Name
    John

Quote Originally Posted by IzzieK View Post
    You sound like you've been there, John...in most places we went to in our cruise last year, two have horse back riding in the ocean. Susan's horse here looks very nicely done. The sunglasses is a selfie shot taking a picture and I will guess that the other half of the sunglasses has her hubby. I like that composition...
    Hi Izzie,

Years ago I vacationed in Ocho Rio and took the horse back riding excursion.