Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Commercial Work - Shooting Vegtables

Real Name
    Brian

Re: Commercial Work - Shooting Vegtables

Donald, my eyes keep moving left and right till out of the frame. Could you put them in a shallow basket like the one in the rear? Possibly flipping horizontally to use the diagonals to bring the eye in?

Real Name
    Manfred Mueller

I think this is much better Donald. I still find the edges of the frame a bit too bright when compared to the subject. While I agree with Robin that his approach is perhaps a bit too much, I think the idea of a vignette would pull the viewer's eyes into the subject and away from the edges of the image.

Commercial Work - Shooting Vegtables

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Again, many thanks to you all for commenting. This has been a great learning experience and I have taken much from what you've all said. It will equip me to go into future product shoots much more informed and knowledgeable about what I want to come out at the other end.

Real Name
    Mark

Donald, one minor thing - as you say its going on the web page to advertise the 'product' remove the wicker basket - that is not part of the 'product' on offer and £1 to a 1p it will be expected by someone to be part of it if in the photo or it has to have a clear disclaimer that the basket is not included !

Otherwise looks very good and pleasing to the eye.

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Yep, we discussed that one Mark. The company doesn't pack in a box with company name/logo on it. Instead it delivers in a mesh bag. So, the compromise was that we use this basket and that the under the pic there will be a 'Wicker basket not included' notice.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12