Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The swinger

Real Name
    Manfred Mueller

Re: The swinger

Quote Originally Posted by William W View Post
    Great fun. Bet a Mars bar you were in your element "playing photos" with him! Kids make such fantastic Subjects.

Nice shot.

WW
    Thanks Bill

I'm definitely having fun. I've gotten to know him when we spent 8 weeks in India over the winter and he and his mother (i.e. our daughter) came to Canada in early April. He will be heading back to India in about 4 weeks; which means we will have spent most of the past 5 months getting to know him. Heredity is an interesting field. He shares some of his mother's more "lovable" characteristics that she had when she was his age.

That being said, once he got out of the swing, he took an interest in my "toy" and wanted to play with it. I think it will be a few more years before I consider teaching him how to use a camera....

Real Name
    Matt

love these

I am shooting street with a Ricoh GR II at the moment using pre-focus (or snap focus as its called on this camera) its hit or miss though i dont think I understand it enough.

Real Name
    Richard

Pre-focusing and shooting at the peak of action is a skill forgotten (or never learned) by many of today's photographers...

Real Name
    Manfred Mueller

Quote Originally Posted by rpcrowe View Post
    Pre-focusing and shooting at the peak of action is a skill forgotten (or never learned) by many of today's photographers...
    Zone focusing, using hyperfocal distance and / or depth of field and focusing in front of the subject to get a wider "in-focus" depth should be included in these "missing skills" brought about by the advances in autofocus (and the elimination of DoF markings on the lens barrel).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12