Thread: NIK Filter Menu

Real Name
    Richard

NIK Filter Menu

When I open a file from Adobe Bridge to Photoshop, I automatically get a NIK filter menu over the image...

NIK Filter Menu

While I use NIK on most of my images, I prefer to access the individual NIK tools through the Photoshop drop down filter menu, selecting NIK and then the individual NIK took. I usually just close out the NIK menu that opens with Photoshop but, it would be easier if it didn't appear at all. How do I make it go away but, still retain the capability of opening NIK tools using the Photoshop Drop Down Filter menu?

Real Name
    Dave Ellis

Re: NIK Filter Menu

Hi Richard

On the Nik Selective Tool, hit Settings in the bottom left corner. Then in the settings dialogue box, choose "do not automatically open selective too" against "When Photoshop launches".

You can turn the tool on manually whenever you want by going to File/Automate in PS and hitting "Nik Collection Selective Tool".

Dave

PS Note that you can also change the way the output of the filter is applied in the settings dialogue box ("After clicking Apply"), viz either on a separate new layer or on the original layer.

NIK Filter Menu
    Last edited by dje; 13th June 2017 at 07:27 AM.

Real Name
    Richard

Thanks Dave...

It works perfectly!

Real Name
    Dave Humphries :)

Thanks Dave,

That's been bugging me too - now fixed.

Somewhat bizarrely, when I first click any of those three drop downs, what I see is just random horizontal lines, but when I move the mouse over the lines, readable text is revealed and the selections seem to work - peculiar, probably some obscure video card compatibility issue or other - or, if others see this too; a sign of "development truncate-itis".

Thanks again Dave (and Richard for asking the question).

Cheers, Dave

Real Name
    Richard

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Humphries View Post
    Thanks Dave,

That's been bugging me too - now fixed.

Somewhat bizarrely, when I first click any of those three drop downs, what I see is just random horizontal lines, but when I move the mouse over the lines, readable text is revealed and the selections seem to work - peculiar, probably some obscure video card compatibility issue or other - or, if others see this too; a sign of "development truncate-itis".

Thanks again Dave (and Richard for asking the question).

Cheers, Dave
    I had the same problem when I clicked the drop downs. However, after several clicks, I finally achieved a readable and clickable "do not open" selection.

Real Name
    Doc

Yes, thanks here too.

Thanks for that, I have been moving that menu around every time I look at a photo