Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Red glow in all pics taken with Nikon D610

Red glow in all pics taken with Nikon D610

Quote Originally Posted by Chexov View Post
    Hey Dave, thanks for the tip that my thumb might have caused the glow, but I haven't covered the viewfinder with my thumb in every picture I took. Most of them were actually taken while the viewfinder was not covered.

I have the suspicion that it had something to do with the fact that VR was switched on at my lens during the first long exposure shots. I turned it of somewhere in between, but can't recall when exactly. I could imagine that the slight camera movements during the long exposure shots caused the VR to move whatever it moves, which might have led to a distortion of the incoming light. I'll test this theory tonight and let you know about the result.
    Maybe I'm a year late, but I have de exact same problem. D610 but only with the 24-85mm, when it's zoomed out fully. Hope someone can help me. Thanks!

Real Name
    Manfred Mueller

Re: Red glow in all pics taken with Nikon D610

Welcome to CiC. If you wouldn't mind hitting the "My Profile" tab at the top of this page and entering at least your first name and where you are from, that would be appreciated.

I've also moved your question to a new thread, rather than tag it on the end of an old one. Your problem might be completely different than the one the old thread is all about. It would be helpful if you could post an image showing the problem; unfortunately you haven't given us much to work with here. As you have only noticed the issue with one specific lens at maximum zoom, I would probably be looking at this as a lens, rather than camera issue. Have you tried shooting on a different camera body to see if you can replicate this issue?