Thread: Erin

Real Name
    Manfred Mueller

Erin

Erin is a young contemporary and jazz dancer. She is looking at getting into modeling and this was her first studio shoot. She had her mother along for the shoot, but was initially quite nervous about having her around. As she settled down, mom was allowed to watch.

This was my first shoot using a dancer and what really impressed me was the way this inexperienced model was able to flow into the poses with minimal direction.

Erin

Erin

Erin

Erin

Erin

Erin
    Last edited by Manfred M; 26th July 2017 at 09:23 PM.

Real Name
    roy

Re: Erin

By the look on her face, she's not happy. I would like the hint of a smile

Real Name
    John

Nice series.

Chesterfield, Missouri/Melbourne, Australia
    Real Name
    Izzie

Hmm...I think next time, get rid of the stage mother. They are very uncomfortable to have around. She has a very sharp look in her, not soft at all for a dancer. #3 and #4 are my preferences for the poses and the skin colour shines through with the processing. #1 is not that good maybe because it is a full shot and her face seems to be smaller? #2 is Ok but her face is just too sharp for comfort...

Real Name
    Richard

Nice looking images... However, I wonder why any attractive young lady would do such a barbarous job on her hair?

Real Name
    Sharon

Quote Originally Posted by rpcrowe View Post
    Nice looking images... However, I wonder why any attractive young lady would do such a barbarous job on her hair?
    It's a bit of a punk/artist look. Not that uncommon really . However, pixies are good if a girl can pull it off (with soft facial features), but the shaved sides are pretty extreme.
    I'd be curious Manfred, what type of modeling is she interested?

Real Name
    Manfred Mueller

Quote Originally Posted by rpcrowe View Post
    I suspect it is that rebellious 18-year old look.

She was actually quite charming smiley at times when she wasn't in front of the camera and was pretty busy making goofy faces at times.

Real Name
    Manfred Mueller

Quote Originally Posted by lovelife65 View Post
    It's a bit of a punk/artist look. Not that uncommon really . However, pixies are good if a girl can pull it off (with soft facial features), but the shaved sides are pretty extreme.
    I'd be curious Manfred, what type of modeling is she interested?
    She seemed to be more interested in the fashion / editorial side of the business, rather than the glamour side. I suspect that is why she stuck with the "haughty" expressions.

Real Name
    Manfred Mueller

Quote Originally Posted by IzzieK View Post
    Hmm...I think next time, get rid of the stage mother. They are very uncomfortable to have around. She has a very sharp look in her, not soft at all for a dancer. #3 and #4 are my preferences for the poses and the skin colour shines through with the processing. #1 is not that good maybe because it is a full shot and her face seems to be smaller? #2 is Ok but her face is just too sharp for comfort...
    Izzie - this was a portfolio shoot, so the types of images she wanted are for her to start putting together a portfolio. Smiles are for portraits. Given the clothes she brought along for the shoot, she was definitely more into the edgy; hard images rather than the soft / sexy look. My guess is that she would be interested in leveraging her dance skills into editorial and fashion work.

A lot of young women start off with wanting to build a portfolio for modeling, but don't get much beyond that. Part of the reason is location. Ottawa is a government town, so the fashion scene is quite small when compared to other Canadian cities like Montreal, Toronto and Vancouver.

Real Name
    Sharon

Quote Originally Posted by GrumpyDiver View Post
    She seemed to be more interested in the fashion / editorial side of the business, rather than the glamour side. I suspect that is why she stuck with the "haughty" expressions.
    I like it quite a bit. Much more interesting than rail thin, super brushed models you see on most mags .
    Very nice photos, great work.

Real Name
    Sandy

To be that young and supple......<deep and envious sigh> She is a lovely girl and I think you and she did excellent work of it! I like the serious side.