Thread: Faces of Pushkar, India #1. C&C Most Welcome

Real Name
    Raj

Faces of Pushkar, India #1. C&C Most Welcome

Hi, going forward on my photography venture I stopped and clicked another shot. Can you please review it and let me know what exactly is missing for it to make it much better?

Recently, I have started processing the project which i took last year "Faces of Pushkar, India". She is 8 year old girl from Rajasthan, India. I wanted to connect with her and get the best out of the gaze of her. Before clicking the shot, I was talking to her and made her comfortable infront of the camera.

Please provide your views and suggestion with composition, frame, crops.

Thank You

PS : Please click on the image for lightbox screen view (Highly recommended)

Real Name
    Richard

Re: Faces of Pushkar, India #1. C&C Most Welcome

Lovely. The way she is peering around the post adds an air of mystery. I just wish your image wasn't reflected in her pupils...

Real Name
    John

Very nice.

Real Name
    John

Sharp on the eyes where it should be. Lovely capture.

Real Name
    Raj

Quote Originally Posted by rpcrowe View Post
    Lovely. The way she is peering around the post adds an air of mystery. I just wish your image wasn't reflected in her pupils...
    Thanks a lot for your kind review and suggestion. Please suggest me how we can avoid this when we are shooting from the front

Real Name
    Raj

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowman View Post
    Very nice.
    Thanks a lot for your kind appreciation

Real Name
    Raj

Quote Originally Posted by John 2 View Post
    Sharp on the eyes where it should be. Lovely capture.
    Thanks a lot for your kind review and appreciation

Real Name
    Manfred Mueller

Really nice image Raj. I would never have guessed that she is so young from your shot.

When you get to this level of image making, the suggestions are often more of differences in personal taste and photographic approaches. My suggestions all fall into that thought pattern.

1. I'd probably crop a bit more tightly on the left. That piece of wood is required for completeness, but perhaps a little less would be less distracting.

2. I find that the camera left eye is just a bit darker than I would like, so I would burn that in a bit.

3. I might make the skin tones a bit more neutral. I normally like warmer skin tones too, but with the blue colour of the dress, I might take down the reds and yellows a tiny, tiny bit.

4. This almost has a glamour look and while her skin is young, I find it a bit blotchy and would smooth this out. I assume she is one of the nomads that traveled to Pushkar to be at the camel fair?

Real Name
    Raj

Quote Originally Posted by GrumpyDiver View Post
    Really nice image Raj. I would never have guessed that she is so young from your shot.

When you get to this level of image making, the suggestions are often more of differences in personal taste and photographic approaches. My suggestions all fall into that thought pattern.

1. I'd probably crop a bit more tightly on the left. That piece of wood is required for completeness, but perhaps a little less would be less distracting.

2. I find that the camera left eye is just a bit darker than I would like, so I would burn that in a bit.

3. I might make the skin tones a bit more neutral. I normally like warmer skin tones too, but with the blue colour of the dress, I might take down the reds and yellows a tiny, tiny bit.

4. This almost has a glamour look and while her skin is young, I find it a bit blotchy and would smooth this out. I assume she is one of the nomads that traveled to Pushkar to be at the camel fair?

Thanks a lot for your kind review and suggestion sir. I will surely work on them to improve myself