Thread: Sunrise

Real Name
    Jordan

Sunrise

Sunrise

I have the feeling that something’s missing here, but cannot tell what it is. Or maybe I’m doing something wrong during the PP. Please comment.
    Last edited by jordand; 2nd August 2017 at 07:06 AM.

Real Name
    Grahame

Re: Sunrise

Quote Originally Posted by jordand View Post
    I have the feeling that something’s missing here, but cannot tell what it is. Or maybe I’m doing something wrong during the PP. Please comment.
    I'm not sure about something missing Jordan but if mine I would lose some from the top of the sky or the bottom of the rocks that are a bit overpowering. Also change to a 16:9 ratio.

In addition I would bring out the detail and contrast more in the rocks and headland and darken the sky.

It has a lot of potential I believe and if ok with you I will post an example that I have edited.

Now uploaded.

For info Jordand I edited this in NiK Viveza having watched a tutorial video and used control points grouped together for the various areas. The adjustments made in each area were a combination of shadows, brightness and structure. The foreground I think is a bit too bright.

Sunrise

Not saying this is how it should be but just an example of the direction you could take it.
    Last edited by Stagecoach; 2nd August 2017 at 07:23 PM.

Real Name
    Jordan

Sure!Feel free to post your edit and thanks for the advices.

Real Name
    Jordan

For some reasonI cannot load your edit...

Real Name
    Grahame

Quote Originally Posted by jordand View Post
    For some reasonI cannot load your edit...
    Apologies Jordand, Tiny Pics is not working and it appears there a problem when I load it to 'private' gallery on my website. I'll try again later.

Real Name
    John

Nothing terribly wrong with this Jordan . The colour is attractive and the comp is about right as far as it goes but my instinct for this sort of shot is that the eye needs somewhere to go. Once you reach the end of the headland there is nothing to latch onto either on the horizon or elsewhere. One way out of this would be something like another boat in the in the bay in the negative space on the RHS. That would bring your eye back around to the FG and keep your attention within the boundaries of the comp. Obviously not something you can just magic up but in looking for a shot, that would be my instinct. Just my thoughts. Others will doubtless disagree.

Real Name
    Nandakumar

Nice image