Thread: Watchmen - Silk Spectre cosplay

Real Name
    Manfred Mueller

Watchmen - Silk Spectre cosplay

I spent several hours at a cosplay photo shoot this evening. The theme came from the 1986-87 DC Comics "Watchmen"; with the Silk Spectre character. There were two versions of the costumes; one based on the original 1986 comic book and a second one (shown here) from the 2009 Watchmen feature film.

Local Ottawa Model Carmen C Camacho modeled her own creations.

Real Name
    John

Re: Watchmen - Silk Spectre cosplay

Nicely captured, great atmosphere.

Real Name
    Dan

Awesome shot. Not sure I could stay behind the VF with that expression staring at me and holding a sword

Real Name
    Joyce Morgan

You did a great job capturing this photo. I love the emotion the model, the background and sword is killing it.

Chesterfield, Missouri/Melbourne, Australia
    Real Name
    Izzie

I kinda like the light and the shadow setting the mood and atmosphere of the scene. How do you find models and venues and themes like this one? Do you belong to a group that goes for this kind of photography? Just curious...

Real Name
    Robbie.

Great shot Manfred,
    I think this is my favourite of your cosplay shots.
    What was the CL Light source and was there a reflector CR or ambient?

Real Name
    Robbie.

Quote Originally Posted by IzzieK View Post
    I kinda like the light and the shadow setting the mood and atmosphere of the scene. How do you find models and venues and themes like this one? Do you belong to a group that goes for this kind of photography? Just curious...
    Izzie, I think the environment/venue for this one is a backdrop....maybe

Real Name
    Ole

Manfred, this image has a HDR feel to it. Was that intentional? This is a great picture and fun also.
    Cheers Ole

Real Name
    John

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Ekins View Post
    Izzie, I think the environment/venue for this one is a backdrop....maybe
    Just what I was wondering but I nice shot one way or the other.

Real Name
    Manfred Mueller

This is a single light (camera left, medium soft box) shot using a cheap canvas background and was taken in the basement studio of someone I have been shooting with lately. This is all through a local Meetup group I joined a few months ago. All different genres are done with the Meetup group, mostly model shoots. I have another (outdoor) shoot tomorrow.

Virtually no PP work at all other than a crop and a slight change in the WB. Here is the SOOC jpeg that shows the edges of the canvas as well as a bit of the studio on the right hand side; the black and red item is the edge of a soft box that was not in use for this shot. I find that the lights were a bit "warmer" than the flash WB setting I used on my camera. As I have written before, studio work is one type of photography that I can control the lighting so well that I need little to no PP retouching work.

Here is another shot from the shoot, this one taken on a black background. This is a 3 light shot with the same key light that was used previously plus two gridded strip boxes to create a rim light.

Last edited by Manfred M; 25th August 2017 at 12:49 PM.

Real Name
    George

Quote Originally Posted by Manfred M View Post
    This is a single light (camera left, medium soft box) shot using a cheap canvas background and was taken in the basement studio of someone I have been shooting with lately. This is all through a local Meetup group I joined a few months ago. All different genres are done with the Meetup group, mostly model shoots. I have another (outdoor) shoot tomorrow.

Virtually no PP work at all other than a crop and a slight change in the WB. Here is the SOOC jpeg that shows the edges of the canvas as well as a bit of the studio on the right hand side; the black and red item is the edge of a soft box that was not in use for this shot. I find that the lights were a bit "warmer" than the flash WB setting I used on my camera. As I have written before, studio work is one type of photography that I can control the lighting so well that I need little to no PP retouching work.

Here is another shot from the shoot, this one taken on a black background. This is a 3 light shot with the same key light that was used previously plus two gridded strip boxes to create a rim light.

I can't say anything about the lights. But I keep looking to how that girl is holding that sword. She can't do anything with it. Unless she's left handed.

George

Real Name
    Robbie.

Thanks for the setup info Manfred.