Real Name
    Mike long

Out for a drive

And this caught my eye..
    Out for a drive

Real Name
    John

Re: Out for a drive

This is one of those images that makes me think. I first thought that the foreground was underexposed and could probably be fixed in post-processing. But then, I thought perhaps not. Perhaps this was what caught your eye. The transition from the bright blue sky and clouds to the rather more subdued foreground gives it its own intrinsic interest which I like.

I would be very interested to see what other photographers, more experienced in landscape photography that I am, think of it.

John

Real Name
    Grahame

Mike, whilst the scene is ok what concerns me is the amount of noise in the sky when shot at ISO125. It suggests it was underexposed when captured or has been added somehow in PP.

Real Name
    John

Quote Originally Posted by Stagecoach View Post
    Mike, whilst the scene is ok what concerns me is the amount of noise in the sky when shot at ISO125. It suggests it was underexposed when captured or has been added somehow in PP.
    Perhaps it is my eyes, but I cannot see any noise in the sky here, neither when looking at the image in lytebox nor after downloading and looking closely in my image browser or photo editor.

John

There appears to be some form of faint speckling in the border area between grey sky and blue. Not exactly normal noise though. Has the saturation been pushed a little too far?

Otherwise, this image looks good to me.

Real Name
    Grahame

Quote Originally Posted by JohnRostron View Post
    Perhaps it is my eyes, but I cannot see any noise in the sky here, neither when looking at the image in lytebox nor after downloading and looking closely in my image browser or photo editor.

John
    Maybe John. I have just updated the prescription for my glasses and viewing the screen with the three variations (strengths) that I have and can use there is considerable difference in what is and what is not easily visible.