Thread: Colorful sail

Real Name
    Sharon

Colorful sail

On the blue water. Weather is changing, rain coming in.

Colorful sail

Real Name
    John

Re: Colorful sail

Interesting processing.

Real Name
    Sharon

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowman View Post
    Interesting processing.
    haha. you can be more blunt than that
    It wasn't to my taste either. If I remember right, it was quite windy and choppy.

Real Name
    John

Quote Originally Posted by lovelife65 View Post
    haha. you can be more blunt than that
    It wasn't to my taste either. If I remember right, it was quite windy and choppy.
    I didn't want to pigeon hole you into having presented a specific look, but you forced me to so here you go.

It has a watercolor/pastel look that creates a gritty look, typically seafaring scenes are either calm and serene or choppy and perilous, you've managed to create a combination within one composition; think about how the water swirls in the background and the sailboat cuts cleanly through the swirls. I was thinking that some of the bottom could be cropped out but I like how the boat cuts through the middle of the image.

Real Name
    Brian Grant

Re: Colorful sail - A couple of quick sliders with faststone

I didn't want to pigeon hole you into having presented a specific look, but you forced me to so here you go.

It has a watercolor/pastel look that creates a gritty look, typically seafaring scenes are either calm and serene or choppy and perilous, you've managed to create a combination within one composition; think about how the water swirls in the background and the sailboat cuts cleanly through the swirls. I was thinking that some of the bottom could be cropped out but I like how the boat cuts through the middle of the image.
    A couple of quick sliders with faststone. I decreased Gamma a bit to calm the mainsail and then added a bit of saturation.

Colorful sail

Real Name
    Sharon

Re: Colorful sail - A couple of quick sliders with faststone

Quote Originally Posted by Saorsa View Post
    A couple of quick sliders with faststone. I decreased Gamma a bit to calm the mainsail and then added a bit of saturation.

Colorful sail
    I like it thank you! This again shows my fear of PP. I always get worried of taking it too far. You certainly improved upon the image without doing so.

Real Name
    Sharon

All very helpful comments John. Absolutely what you say makes sense. I should have taken it one way or the other, instead of being that "neutral/in the middle" thing... which I am definitely not

Real Name
    Nandakumar

So beautiful...i was imagining its large poster covering a whole large wall..... and myself sitting in front of it in a sofa