Thread: Five Dogs

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Five Dogs

The pleasant surprise when you get it home and load it up.

When I captured this I never saw the reflection (very bad of me). I should be saying that this was the reason for making the image and I waited until just that spot to press the trigger. But .....!

Your c & c is always welcomed

Five Dogs

Real Name
    John

Re: Five Dogs

Nicely captured.

Real Name
    Bruce

Nice pic. Hope you are doing well.

Bruce

I love when those pleasant surprises happen. It is a lovely image and the waves are just right.

Your stroke hasn't taken the edge off your photographic skills Donald. Impeccable image as always.

Just getting over a minor one myself, and hope to be taking shots again in the near future. I can't believe how much strength I have lost. I had no problem carrying around a couple of DSLRs with battery grips and some heavy L lenses. I got a MILC EOS M5 with a couple of lenses given to me for my birthday a couple of weeks ago, and when I went to pick up my old gear I couldn't believe how heavy just one camera felt!

Real Name
    Ole

Donald, I like the composition except for the reflection I want to look at the dogs and their owners and the beautiful waves only. I think that the reflection is an detraction of an otherwise beautiful composition. Just my thoughts.
    Cheers Ole

Real Name
    John

Quote Originally Posted by mugge View Post
    Donald, I like the composition except for the reflection I want to look at the dogs and their owners and the beautiful waves only. I think that the reflection is an detraction of an otherwise beautiful composition. Just my thoughts.
    Cheers Ole
    My thoughts as well.

John

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Quote Originally Posted by Tronhard View Post
    Your stroke hasn't taken the edge off your photographic skills Donald. Impeccable image as always.

Just getting over a minor one myself, and hope to be taking shots again in the near future. I can't believe how much strength I have lost. I had no problem carrying around a couple of DSLRs with battery grips and some heavy L lenses. I got a MILC EOS M5 with a couple of lenses given to me for my birthday a couple of weeks ago, and when I went to pick up my old gear I couldn't believe how heavy just one camera felt!
    Trev - I am so sorry to hear that. You say a minor one (like me), bit what I have learnt is that all strokes leave an impact.

Take good care of yourself. The one lesson that I learnt is that you don't get over this in a few weeks. It can be up to a year before they brain sort itself out, including pull in another unused part to take over from the part that is now destroyed. So, don't try to rush it. Knowing that actually helped me, as I was getting frustrated at things not being 'fixed'.

Be kind to yourself.

Real Name
    Bill

Trev: Wish it hadn't happened but glad it was relatively minor. All the best for a complete recovery - but let things take their good time.

Donald: I'm with the "lovely image, pity about the reflections" group. I can see why you liked it, but I find it distracts from a great shot- perhaps it is because of the way we only see a slice of the dogs and people?

Real Name
    Nandakumar

Again, excellent image; i love the striking contrasts in various elements of the story

Funny how others notice the reflections while I look at the size of the surf and notice that everyone is bundled up in heavy jackets.
    Guess it's because I live in So Calif and it's already 80* at 9 AM on a Sunday morning here as I type this. We'll see 100* later in the week I'm sure.

Real Name
    Sharon

I noticed the reflections and thought they were intentional (and fantastic). Very nice capture. Nothing like a dog enjoying the beach (or five!).

Nicely done Donald.

Real Name
    Richard

I like the image but, perhaps might have cropped it at the top like this.

Five Dogs

Of course, that would have changed the entire image from on of the sea, sky and beach with people and dogs to one of people and dogs on the beach.

Quote Originally Posted by rpcrowe View Post
    I like the image but, perhaps might have cropped it at the top like this.

Five Dogs

Of course, that would have changed the entire image from on of the sea, sky and beach with people and dogs to one of people and dogs on the beach.
    And that would have changed it from Donald's preferred 1:1 format!!

Real Name
    Brian

I was a lighthouse keeper for a while and watched a lot of waves. Just past the white surf is a wave that is curling over. I would think that this wave would have a translucence that would set it apart. If I'm right could or would you enhance it? It would definitely change your shot.

Real Name
    Arno

Excellent! I really like the reflection off the narrow strip of water. Adds a little something extra to the photo.