Thread: A short title.

Real Name
    Mike long

A short title.

A short title.

Real Name
    Manfred Mueller

Re: A short title.

Mike - what technique are you using to do the skin? Frequency separation?

Real Name
    Robin

Is there meant to be patches of residual colour?

Real Name
    Mike long

Sorry, I'm away on work. Im trying to learn Freq separation. What am I doing wrong? It's making the skin dark. There is even color in the lips that should not be there??

Real Name
    Manfred Mueller

Quote Originally Posted by Evertking View Post
    Sorry, I'm away on work. Im trying to learn Freq separation. What am I doing wrong? It's making the skin dark. There is even color in the lips that should not be there??
    I have never been a fan of frequency separation as a method of retouching skin. Results like this; overly soft skin with a strange artificial look and texture is all too common. I'm not sure if this is a lack of expertise or just an issue with the technique. High end retouchers do not use this technique at all, but use dodging and burning with a very small brush for this type of work.

Real Name
    Richard

I think that there are a gadzillion ways to smooth skin in post production. Many of them end up with the skin liiking artificially smothed. That was or is the problem wit the default values of Portrait Professional. However, if the photographer worked out of the default box, he or she could get some very decent results.

This is another technique that I came upon last night. I have tried it and it is pretty easy. The results also can be adjusted pretty easily.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cA4zsCJnKPI

Real Name
    Manfred Mueller

Mike - can you please post the original, unretouched colour image so that we can have a look at it?

Real Name
    William (call me Bill)

Quote Originally Posted by Evertking View Post
    . . . What am I doing wrong? . . .
    With the greatest personal respect: the overwhelming answer is that you are too busy rushing into a new adventure and posting another image or set of images with a new set questions at the expense of consolidating and focusing on the responses in your previous.

That's most likely because of your ENTHUSIASM.

ENTHUSIASM is very good but if one doesn't CONTROL it, then unbridled enthusiasm can be the enemy of effective LEARNING.

My advice is that you read carefully the REQUESTS of those who probably are really attempting to assist your development in The Craft - and take a deep breath and RESPOND to those requests . . .

It has been a few days since Manfred's post and you have been on line and started new threads, yet, Manfred asked you . . .

"Mike - can you please post the original, unretouched colour image so that we can have a look at it?"

Over to you...

WW
    Last edited by William W; 7th November 2017 at 09:24 AM.

Real Name
    Ole

Mike, I second what William is telling you. Your enthusiasm is almost catching You are definitely on the right track having seen several of your photos. You do have the eye for photography but you tend to 'over process.'

Keep it simple and I have no doubt whatsoever you will produce some good pics within a very short time.
    Cheers Ole

Real Name
    William (call me Bill)

Quote Originally Posted by mugge View Post
    . . . You do have the eye for photography . . .
    Indeed.

It is his "eye for photography" which has mostly been the stimulant for my energetic responses.

WW