Thread: My Little Girl

Real Name
    Paul David

My Little Girl

Here's a shot of my daughter enjoying herself at my favorite trout river about an hour from my Wyoming home. My wife took the picture while I was in Minnesota working.

My Little Girl

Real Name
    Sharon

Re: My Little Girl

Awesome. Love the smile. Great catch. Are those fingers under the fish?

Your daughter has a great sense of colour coordination! Nice family image - the fish may not agree though. Was it to eat or catch and release?

Real Name
    John

Tell her nice shot, you could really play around with this image especially with the reflections in the sunglasses.

Quote Originally Posted by lovelife65 View Post
    Awesome. Love the smile. Great catch. Are those fingers under the fish?
    Fish fingers perhaps? I always wondered where they came from!

Real Name
    Paul David

Thanks for the comments. My wife took the picture with her Fujifilm X100T, sent it to me and I cleaned up the shadows on her face. Those are her fingers. She only had the fish out of the water for the photo and then released it. She said it swam off pretty quickly. The nice thing about fishing this time of the year is that the crowds are gone. They saw two other boats. In the summer one can see 20 boats on the river. Fortunately it is a huge river and there is enough water for everyone.

The only fish we eat here are the coldwater catfish. My son-in-law catches them at a reservoir, brings them to the house and grills them up.

We take very few pictures of fish. This one was a trophy. A camera is way down on the list of priorities. We fish in areas where potentially dangerous wildlife reside and have not had an issue.
    Last edited by LePetomane; 26th November 2017 at 11:34 PM.

Real Name
    Richard

Nice shot!

Give a gal a fish and she will eat for a day... Teach her to fish and she will be smiling like this all her life

Real Name
    Susan

I'd be smiling too if I had caught a fish like that!

The worst day fishing beats the best day working.
    Nice looking fish, I'd be eating it before a cat fish.

Real Name
    Nandakumar

Excellent image

Real Name
    Paul David

Thanks for the good words. It is nice to have such good fishing close to us. People travel long distances to fish Wyoming and Montana and for my wife and I, this is our back yard. My daughter is in Montana and has good fishing close to her as well. My son is planning to move to Colorado when he finishes his nursing education. He is into snowboarding and skiing.

Real Name
    raymond

What a catch , with no disrespect , both the fish and your daughter . Nice capture crisp , clear and colorful.

Real Name
    Paul David

Alan, these catfish come from cold, clean water and taste pretty good. I wouldn't eat a catfish (or any other fish) out of the waters I live near in the Twin Cities for anything.

Raymond, I'm lucky to have a daughter like her. She is well educated, has a good job, good husband and a side business dealing with outdoor clothing.

My kids are both fly fishing fanatics. I didn't push it on them when they were younger as that is a sure way to turn them off. They picked it up in their late teens and are really enjoying it.

Stream access is a little better in Montana than Wyoming. In Wyoming the stream bed is private property. Wading=trespassing unless you have the landowners permission. In Montana everything up to the high water mark is public.

Water rules out here. "Whiskey's for drinking; water's for fighting over" as Mark Twain so eloquently stated.
    Last edited by LePetomane; 2nd December 2017 at 01:29 PM.