Thread: Epson Printers

Real Name
    John

Epson Printers

For Epson users, a new software that streamlines the workflow. I know most users want full control but this program really cuts down on the process.

https://epson.com/epson-print-layout

Real Name
    James Edwards

Re: Epson Printers

John,
    I haven't seen any non-US links for this yet, so thanks for the post.

I will download and install it to see how useful it is. I always live in hope of something helpful

Real Name
    John

James,

You might want to try linking through Facebook.

Real Name
    Manfred Mueller

I've had it for awhile and have tried it. I find the software 100% redundant and quite useless. Others who are new to Epson photo printers might find this more useful than I do.

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

What's this?

Can't think it would be much use as I need the Advanced B & W .... unless that's software you're talking about.

Real Name
    Manfred Mueller

Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    What's this?

Can't think it would be much use as I need the Advanced B & W .... unless that's software you're talking about.
    It would actually work for that Donald as it emulates / drives the printer using that functionality including advanced B&W. What it does not do is let a third party app drive the printer. As I print from Photoshop pretty well 100% of the time, I find that the soft proofing functions there are better and more useful than this Epson product.

I wonder if the target audience is users who do not have more advanced software.

Real Name
    John

Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    What's this?

Donald,

I just purchased my first Epson printer about a week ago, the quick reference guide has a choice of printing through Windows/Mac interface and you don't get to the Epson interface until you get to color settings/printer preference option, this software takes you directly to a page connecting all of the preferences including Advnaced B & W selection. I don't use Photoshop but I do use Lightroom/Elements and I can do soft-proofing in LR prior to getting to the Print option. I found myself doing a lot of back and forth checking my settings, making sure I selected the right paper size, making sure I checked the right paper feed, prior to actually printing. By using the Print Layout, everything I needed to check was done from one screen, for me it streamlined my print workflow and it does have a Photoshop Plug-in option.

Real Name
    John

Quote Originally Posted by James G View Post
    John,
    I haven't seen any non-US links for this yet, so thanks for the post.

I will download and install it to see how useful it is. I always live in hope of something helpful
    James,

This link might work for you.

https://www.epson.eu/apps-software/epson-print-layout