Thread: TiriTir Sunsets

TiriTiri Sunsets

By special request from Nandakumar!! :-)
    These are sunsets taken from the island a couple of weeks ago.

I have made a separate thread for these... Taken with the Canon M-1 with an 11-22 EF-M, and the EOS M-5, using a 18-150 EF-M lens
    TiriTir Sunsets

TiriTir Sunsets

TiriTir Sunsets
    Last edited by Tronhard; 23rd December 2017 at 03:41 AM.

Re: TiriTir Sunsets

Wow, Trev, simply spectacular! Six nights on Tiri Tiri - that is quite an epic. Six of us from our Affinity Photo learning group stayed one night earlier this year (or was it last year?) to take photos and see the birds. My first time on the island - must get back there again!

Quote Originally Posted by Jim A View Post
    Wow, Trev, simply spectacular! Six nights on Tiri Tiri - that is quite an epic. Six of us from our Affinity Photo learning group stayed one night earlier this year (or was it last year?) to take photos and see the birds. My first time on the island - must get back there again!

Thanks Jim:

I was actually impressed by the performance of the cameras and lenses! I used them hand-held, shooting RAW+JPG, but really didn't to do much to the images: just bringing up some of the detail in the shadows , the sunsets did the hard yards themselves. I had parked my heavy Canon DSLRs and lenses in favour of light, compact gear and it worked out o.k. I think...

I had stayed a couple of nights there in Nov '16 and really liked it. After the rigors of extricating myself from Canada and a stressful year for my other half, we decided we needed a bit of R&R. On a punt I logged on and found the 5 nights - amazing... We have actually become volunteers for the TiriTiri Supporters organization. With 8 languages under her belt Hilary is going to be cracking guide for visitors, while I, being less mobile right now was co-opted to do IT work before the ink was dry on our application. If we go to volunteer there is a better chance of getting a bunk (for free) and we get free ferry rides - a bit of a saving. Even if we go for ourselves we get big discounts. All-in-all though we are doing this because we believe in the project and it will be something for me to do as a retiree!

Having recently returned, I am looking for a photo group to join, do you have any info on Affinity Photo?

Hi Trev, depends on what part of Auckland you are living in. I am in the North Shore Photographic Society, but that mainly only suits people living on the North Shore. The Howick club is very active, but there are quite a few others too. If you let me know what suburb you are in I will check it out for you.

Thanks for the info... I am currently in Meadowbank, and the Auckland group, meeting in Remuera would be the logical one to go for. I shall have to wait until they resume meetings later next year!

Real Name
    Nandakumar

An amazing set of Sunset images; thank you for this separate thread, Trev !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tronhard View Post
    Thanks for the info... I am currently in Meadowbank, and the Auckland group, meeting in Remuera would be the logical one to go for. I shall have to wait until they resume meetings later next year!
    You might also have a think about joining the Photographic Society of NZ. Next years National Convention is in Dunedin. The mention I made of our Affinity Group, means that at the Glenfield SeniorNet (oldies teaching other oldies about computers and software) we include a teaching session and also workshop for photo editing. For seven and a half years we learnt Photoshop, but have recently switched to Affinity Photo software.