Thread: Can not remember for the life of me

Real Name
    Allan Short

Can not remember for the life of me

Had some problems with Photoshop and the newest up date from Windows. Got it fixed, however only after reinstalling without the preferences it works. Problem is Bridge when a folder is open I had it set to see the file name and the date created. Now for the life of me I can not remember how get date created info to appear with the thumbnail, I use to have file size but removed that. It was something easy but I just can not remember how.

Cheers: Allan

Real Name
    Dave Humphries :)

Re: Can not remember for the life of me

Hi Allan,

I bet you were close, but not quite there

In Bridge 2018 menu bar;
    Edit > Preferences
    Select Thumbnails (second in list on left)
    The pop up window/dialog then contains four check boxes with various options of metadata to include in thumbnail.

However, exactly what those check boxes control is selected by the drop lists adjacent, if one of those isn't already displaying "Date Created", use the down arrow to choose it - and of course, click the check box.

There's one other factor; if you have the thumbnail size (quantity) slider set to display LOTS of small ones, you'll only see month and year (e.g. "Jun 2010"), if you nudge the slider right, to have fewer bigger thumbnails, it becomes a more conventional date and time (e.g. 23/06/2010, 09:51 - but the date/time format probably honours your system settings).

Cheers,
    Dave

Real Name
    Allan Short

Thanks Dave you were correct I was even closer than you would believe. A result of the trouble I was having with latest Window upgrade and Photoshop a problem was created in Bridge also. Once I got Photoshop CC working I noticed in Bridge that the date created was not showing up. The fly-out when you go to Edit>Preferences would appear, however the top part was off the screen so I was not able to see General, or Thumbnails. So I uninstalled, said no to preferences waited for it to uninstall, then installed a fresh copy of Bridge from Abode, result was same problem. Now I was thinking uninstall what I just did, then installed an older version, Bridge CC17, did that and the result was the fly-out appeared as it should, so added the date line. Next thing was CC was stating a update to CC17 up to CC18, did that stated for it to get preferences of older version. The result of all that is now I am a happy camper, only now I have to go and cook the potatoes, turnip, squash, and sweet potatoes that we will eat for Christmas dinner on Christmas day. Oh and I also have to cook the Turkey and Lamb.

Merry Christmas: Allan

Real Name
    Peter

Thanks Dave - solved my problem too