Thread: Loud & Foggy

Real Name
    Art

Loud & Foggy

While I love looking at every angle when it comes to Architecture, I have a difficult time finding a way to balance such strong lines. My intent is not to achieve proper perspective, but simply find an interesting new look at an old object.
    Fog helps.
    Any other ideas?

And of course
    Nothing political intended.
    750_7995-copy.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

Real Name
    John

Re: Loud & Foggy

Nicely captured, it sometimes just takes flipping an image to see how the composition flows; looks like you did so with a swivel of your body.

Real Name
    Mike

Good God Art, this is the internet! How can you post a picture of Trump Tower and expect it to not turn political?

I'm just kidding. Welcome to Cambridge in Color.

I haven't shot much architecture so I don't have any suggestions. I love the strong foreground of the marquee with the skyscrapers disappearing into the clouds. It looks like they go on forever.

Real Name
    Manfred Mueller

An interesting approach and the shot reminds me of why I never particularly enjoyed visiting Vancouver from November through the end of February.

I enjoy shooting these urban architectural scenes, but my success rates is not always as high as I would like it to be. Shooting up is really quite natural as we have to look up to see the tops of the buildings (or where the tops would be when it isn't foggy out).

The placement of all of the lines looks very deliberate and this does work well; you've covered the corners of the images quite nicely. The fog does add an interesting compositional element to the scene, but it also affects the overall balance of the image, with the majority of the weight tilting towards the bottom and left hand side of the shot.

Real Name
    Art

Thanks for the comments. I wish I had found this site a year ago.