Thread: Honeybun

Real Name
    Richard

Honeybun

Honeybun was found with his sister living beneath an abandoned building in Los Angeles, California. He was extremely scared of people and needed socialization. This beautiful little guy is on his way to becoming a pet who can enjoy living with a family.

Honeybun

Honeybun

His sister, Cinnebon, was favoring her right rear leg. After X-rays our orthopedic vet determined that she had an old fracture of the pelvis and hip which we had surgically repaired.

Honeybun

I shot these with my new Canon 6D Mark ii wearing my trusty 70-200mm f/4L IS lens and my standard dog portrait lighting setup. ISO 320, 1/60 at f/5.6
    Last edited by rpcrowe; 30th December 2017 at 09:43 PM.

Real Name
    John

Re: Honeybun

Nice portrait.

I have always been fascinated by the names people give to dogs...
    A friend of mine had got two dogs, named Candy and Bamby. I has to laugh when her neighbour asked why she had named her dogs after hookers!
    Another friend has a Pyraneean Mountain Dog named Tiddles... I have never seen a less Tiddly dog in my life...

Finally a flatmate had a massive Great Dane called Puss Puss... It was amazing to see people's reaction when he would call its name and instead of a cat, over would bound this massive dog. Still, I would think it was a bit embarrassing - I could just imagine when dogs socialized that one would say something like: "I am Rover, killer of rhodents!" another would announce: "I am Trigger, hunting dog supreme!" Then the Great Dane would hang his head and mutter "I am Puss Puss..."

I think your work in dog rescue is a wonderful service, especially at this time of year when so many are abandoned...

Real Name
    Zen

Hi Richard,

As usual, your images are dead on.

But I'm wondering - does Honeybun have a roving right eye? or is that some kind of visual trick of the lens? Or, perhaps I'm just not seeing it correctly . . . but looks like he's got a bit of an eye problem in his right eye.

Either way, I'm sure it won't affect his adoptability when completely socialized; he' such a good looking guy!

As others have said, you're to be admired for your rescue work. Thank you.

Zen

Real Name
    Richard

We have appointments with our vet eye doctor for both dogs. There is a distinct possibility that they both have early cataract development.

Quote Originally Posted by rpcrowe View Post
    We have appointments with our vet eye doctor for both dogs. There is a distinct possibility that they both have early cataract development.
    Richard from my experience (which is admittedly limited), vet costs are quite expensive: especially, I would imagine in the US. I SO respect your work in this area, but do you have to personally bear the cost of such services?

Real Name
    Richard

Trev,

Our rescue does fund raising which covers the vet care for the rescue dogs we foster. Our vet also gives rescues a very welcome discount.

In the case of Honeybun and Cinnebon, the vet costs are being covered by a very large rescue group with great resources.

Our fosters, including Judy and I, are responsible for transportation costs as well as the cost of normal food. The prescription foods are covered by the rescue.