Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: War on Gotham 2017 - Enchantress

Real Name
    Manfred Mueller

War on Gotham 2017 - Enchantress

I spent most of an evening last August at a cosplay event "War on Gotham 2017". Unfortunately, it was held just a few weeks before we were heading off to Europe for a month, so a lot of the images I was working on were left to sit. With the weather not behaving at all (overnight of freezing rain), I took some time to work on some of these images.

This is a shot of model April Skyee in the role of the DC Comics character "Enchantress". The location of the shoot was a commercial print shop, so that made for an interesting work space. I used a single 50" Octabox as my light source.

I like the Cosplay / Industrial look I got by colour grading. This one might end up in my Print 52 collection...

Real Name
    John

Re: War on Gotham 2017 - Enchantress

Nicely captured, she has a bit of steampunk to her look.

You took the words right out of my mouth, John! From virtually knowing nothing about Steampunk six months ago, I now have a relatively good idea of the idea. Here in NZ I have learned that two places have great annual events featuring Steampunk. The major one is Oamaru and The Guardian newspaper, UK, says

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...l-of-the-world

Another great Steampunk place in NZ is Thames, so I plan to go there for the next event.

Am glad I chanced on this Manfred. Glad that you shared.

Real Name
    Manfred Mueller

I would have thought that this is more the Steampunk look.

Real Name
    Kim

Love this Manfred! It has so much for the eye to explore -- the chain digging into her skin in several spots, the texture of her skin, the blank stare, the slight movement of her body and hair. Like the processing on it as well! If it was mine, the only thing I might do is tone down the gold metal (look like frames to her image left, right at neck level) as it keeps drawing my eye... on my phone, as well as here on my large monitor.

Real Name
    Manfred Mueller

Quote Originally Posted by KimC View Post
    Love this Manfred! It has so much for the eye to explore -- the chain digging into her skin in several spots, the texture of her skin, the blank stare, the slight movement of her body and hair. Like the processing on it as well! If it was mine, the only thing I might do is tone down the gold metal (look like frames to her image left, right at neck level) as it keeps drawing my eye... on my phone, as well as here on my large monitor.
    Yes, I noticed that right after I finished making a print. I've gone back and cleaned things up. I always find it amazing how someone (me) can look at an image for 15 or 20 minutes and totally miss something like that. It looks like these offending matter are boxes of FujiFilm NP-V2 printing plates rather than frames.

Real Name
    Kim

Yes, no longer grabs my eye. :-) Jealous of this shoot - would love to do something like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Manfred M View Post
    Yes, I noticed that right after I finished making a print. I've gone back and cleaned things up. I always find it amazing how someone (me) can look at an image for 15 or 20 minutes and totally miss something like that. It looks like these offending matter are boxes of FujiFilm NP-V2 printing plates rather than frames.

Real Name
    Marius Pavel

This one is so... I dont lnow how to call it. but it suits Gotham