Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: The Waiter

The Waiter

Taken on holiday in Croatia from New Zealand. I may have used some imagination on top!

The Waiter

Re: The Waiter

Hi Jim:

I hope you are enjoying our weather . That is a truly interesting shot - quirky... I like the position of the waiter in the pattern of tables. I am torn about the arch... It is an interesting element, but I find my eye drawn to it, and it challenges the effect of the waiter walking into the picture.

I like that it makes me think about the construct.

Real Name
    John

Nice one.

Real Name
    Manfred Mueller

I'm not a fan of the arch. It adds a significant distraction to the image. As Trev says, the viewer's eyes are drawn to it, rather than the subject. That is not where you want them to go.

Thanks guys for the feedback. Unfortunately the arch was there, so no choice, if I were to capture the moment. Must have a go at cloning it out. Should be possible with the repeating patterns of the tables, thought the floor will be tricky!

Hi Jim

When I first saw the blue section of this image I was immediately struck by how much it might suit the title of a brochure, pamphlet etc.

Real Name
    William (call me Bill)

I like it: the geometry and the slight abstract appeal.

On my monitor it has an heavy BLUE Cast (assuming the Table Cloths are WHITE and the Overlays are Light Blue)

As the fellows above - I am not too keen on the arch.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim A View Post
    . . . Unfortunately the arch was there, so no choice, if I were to capture the moment. Must have a go at cloning it out. Should be possible with the repeating patterns of the tables, thought the floor will be tricky!
    It won't be the Floor, it will be matching the LIGHT CHANGES and the PERSPECTIVE CHANGES: as you move up the Image.

Note that the tables are located farther away from the camera are DARKER and also the ANGLE the TABLE TOP makes with the CAMERA LENS is more acute; additionally the CHAIRS will present a challenge.

If you do try cloning and rebuilding, I suggest that you crop out the top row of tables allowing a smaller area of rebuilding at top left.

Below is a rough A:B:C - the first is your original, the second is a basic Colour Correction; and the third is a begin of a rebuild using the tables immediately below the rebuild.

To make a rebuild as best you can you will need to work in very small areas, I suggest the tops of the tables first, then work on placing the chairs . . . it's possible but it will be a lot of work, I think.

WW

. . . illustration of BLUE Cast and rough example of rebuilding: if you want to download it please do so shortly as I clear out that server regularly

The Waiter

Real Name
    William (call me Bill)

. . . second thoughts: probably a more elegant solution would be to rebuild the LEFT side by using the tables on the right of the image.

WW