Thread: Abandoned and cold

Real Name
    Trevor Reeves

Abandoned and cold

Too bad this turned out.

Now I feel obligated to at least try getting out when the weather conditions are perfectly rotten. 80 km of bad road in white out conditions (for you lucky souls in warm climates that means the sky and ground are uniform white with no contrast to differentiate road from road margins, no tire tracks and snow covered road. Much like fog but no road to see) at minus 28C.

Abandoned and cold

Real Name
    Dan

Re: Abandoned and cold

An interesting one, Trevor. The cold definitely comes through in the photo. I'd say you've lost your mind braving those conditions just for photography but I just did something similar. Apparently my hypocrisy has limits

Real Name
    John

Very nice.

Real Name
    Manfred Mueller

Trevor - as one of the local winter photographers pointed out to me recently, when it gets that cold out there are no biting or stinging insects to bother the photographer, and the shooting conditions are usually devoid of other photographers as they are not silly enough to venture out when the weather is that cold.

I'll try to remember that as I am planning some more outdoor photography work later on today and on Sunday....

Real Name
    Trevor Reeves

Quote Originally Posted by Manfred M View Post
    Trevor - as one of the local winter photographers pointed out to me recently, when it gets that cold out there are no biting or stinging insects to bother the photographer, and the shooting conditions are usually devoid of other photographers as they are not silly enough to venture out when the weather is that cold.

I'll try to remember that as I am planning some more outdoor photography work later on today and on Sunday....
    We have an entire niche all to ourselves. I try to convince myself this is a good thing. And that I am doing this because I enjoy it.

Real Name
    Nandakumar

Well taken

Real Name
    Ole

Beautifully done. On a more serious note I was walking about in a nice 29c. I endured it though

Real Name
    Ted

Quote Originally Posted by tbob View Post
    Too bad this turned out.

Now I feel obligated to at least try getting out when the weather conditions are perfectly rotten. 80 km of bad road in white out conditions (for you lucky souls in warm climates that means the sky and ground are uniform white with no contrast to differentiate road from road margins, no tire tracks and snow covered road. Much like fog but no road to see) at minus 28C.

Abandoned and cold
    No visible footprints or tire tracks, no snow sliding off the roof - literally frozen in time . . well done, Trevor!