Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: When would I use "delay + continuous" drive?

Real Name
    Richard

When would I use "delay + continuous" drive?

I don't usually peruse every page of my Canon Camera User Manual because I have been shooting with Canon DSLR cameras since 2004 when I purchased my first DSLR, a Canon 10D.

I did notice something when reading the manual for my 6D Mark ii that I don't understand. Well, I understand it but don't know when or why I would want or need to use it.

That is in the Drive Modes and is "delay + continuous" option which will allow me to select 2-7 shots in burst mode after a countdown of 10 seconds.

If I wanted to use a delay and then a 3-7 shot burst mode to get 3-7 AEB exposures, all I need to do with the 6D Mark ii (as well as with my 7D Mark ii) is to select Auto Exposure Bracketing and the number of shots and stops to use (7d2 has a 3 shot bracketing capability while the 6D2 can bracket from 3 to 7 shots). The camera will then count off the delay and fire the requisite number of auto exposure bracketed shots. This is great when I I don't have a remote release with me and I want the camera to steady down from the motion of pressing the shutter button.

Since I don't need the "delay + continuous" option for AEB shooting, in what case would I use that option?

Real Name
    Peter Schluter

Re: When would I use "delay + continuous" drive?

You want to be in the picture. You have established the correct exposure so have no need of AEB. You do want 7 shots however to ensure you get one that does not have you blinking or sneezing or looking in the wrong direction.

Ergo, you use delay and continuous?

Just a guess.

Real Name
    Richard

Re: When would I use "delay + continuous" drive?

Good call Peter... Thanks...