Thread: An Osprey Takes a Bow

Real Name
    mehere

An Osprey Takes a Bow

Loads of big big money has been spent in overdeveloping the dock area around where I live. Huge luxury apartments rented for obscene amounts per night have, in my opinion, killed what should have been a lovely area that all could share. But the ospreys are fighting back. They have taken over some of the balconies as a lookout for spotting fish or for having a bit of a rest and a stretch. This guy looked to me as if he had just finished a grand performance and was preparing to take a bow. Would have been a much nicer shot in a tree or on rocks overhanging the water, but it is what it is. C@C welcome.

An Osprey Takes a Bow

conkerwood

Real Name
    John

Re: An Osprey Takes a Bow

Nice shot.

Real Name
    Scott Spencer-White

Excellent shot! love the pose you've managed to capture too, almost candid rather than 'alert' as we usually see them. Nice little write up on them in your area too.

Real Name
    Nandakumar

Haha, this is funny; i felt it like n Indian lady who would soon spread her Saree across her body over the shoulder

Good sharp focus and a perfect exposure which has retained plenty of feather detail, even in the white areas.

A great shot that demonstrates the resilience of wild creatures in our man-made habitat.

In the BBC's latest wildlife series, Planet Earth II, there is an episode on cities where Sir David Attenborough's team demonstrates how well wild animals do in urban areas. As it happens they chose as their bird of prey the falcon living in NY city and showed how they use the thermas created by concrete and tarmac to rise high and then stoop down on their prey of choice - pigeons. The photography is, as always in their series, amazing.