Thread: Boxer Puppy

Real Name
    Richard

Boxer Puppy

This gal is twelve weeks old and weighs twelve pounds. If the size of her feet means anything (which it usually does) she is going to be a big girl.

1. This is my favorite shot of her
    Boxer Puppy

Boxer Puppy

Boxer Puppy

We usually work only with small dogs but, we have this pup's four male siblings coming this afternoon. They are being neutered at the vet right now.
    Last edited by rpcrowe; 21st February 2018 at 07:23 PM.

Real Name
    John

Re: Boxer Puppy

Nice portraits, a little charmer.

Real Name
    Peter

Nice boxer and images, well captured Richard.

Real Name
    roy

Mischief if ever I saw it Lovely
    Roy

That's a pretty good looking dog, Richard.
    I'd almost be interested in a male if they didn't tie you down so much. Being empty nesters now we see how much our son's dogs tie them up. Almost as bad as having a baby around. If you know what I mean.

Real Name
    Natalie

If I lived closer, I would grab this one! Gorgeous boxer puppy!! Unfortunately I'm on the other coast!! Why are they being given up? You did a great job. They won't last long....someone will grab them!! I agree, that first shot is wonderful!

Real Name
    Richard

These puppies were the result of an unplanned mating. The owner asked us if we would take them and find them homes - which we did.

The litter of puppies has already been adopted. They have been fostered by our Los Angeles representatives. The puppies passed through our home because we have the best vet (who also gives us the best price).

Since the puppies were all adopted already, I didn't need the pictures for our rescue website. I only shot pictures of one of the pups because my wife and I were very busy and these pups only stayed with us for a short time.

Several years ago, there was a young female jogger who was raped and murdered in one of our local park areas. My wife and I often walked our big dog there and when we saw young women jogging alone through desolate and lonely stretches of the park we thought that they should have a dog with them. Looking at these gorgeous young pups, I kept thinking that if the family had adopted a medium to large dog who could jog with their daughter; in every likelihood she would still be alive. The rapist, who was later apprehended, had tried to corner another female but was frightened off by the large dog she was jogging with.

Dogs are more than just companions. A medium to large dog can be a safety factor. Our multiple dogs are better than burglar alarms. We had a deputy sheriff who had adopted one of our rescue dogs. When he heard our dogs bark as he approached our door, he remarked "No robber would ever venture into your house"
    Last edited by rpcrowe; 23rd February 2018 at 12:32 AM.

Real Name
    Natalie

I heartily agree! I have 3 dogs, and sometimes would be burglars will watch a house before they decide to rob. Our dogs are in and out (fenced back yard) and really set up a noise when they see anything. Boxer, German Shepherd and Border collie. I feel much safer. Up until a few years ago we had a Great Dane. When somebody knocked, and he barked, they ran away from the door!! Even my brother in law. LOL! Boxers are my love. I am on my 4th one. I do wish they lived longer......I am so happy for those 4 pups.....and so happy you and your wife do the what you do for the doggies in your area!! Great job!!

Real Name
    Richard

Nat,

These pups are some of the most personable puppies I have ever come across. Despite not knowing me and being in a totally strange environment, they were friendly and human oriented.

The slept all night (2 to a dog bed - even though we had an additional two beds for them) when I went to get them this morning, there was only one small puddle in the dog room. I opened the door to the dog run and they all went out and did their business.

They were really handsome puppies also! I am glad that they are now all safely settled in their furever homes...

When I picked them up from the vet, one of the vet techs asked me, "How did Maltese Rescue come up with a litter of Boxers?" I replied, "Boxers? Boxers? What Boxers They told me that these were big Maltese"

Real Name
    Natalie

"Boxers? Boxers? What Boxers They told me that these were big Maltese"