Thread: Just a little bit of winter

Real Name
    George

Just a little bit of winter

Last week was the only time temeprature was under 0. When the first ice is comming on the canals the locks are closed, well some oft hem, and its forbidden to sail in some specific canals. Just to give the ice time to grow. Since yesterday it was strong enough at some parts. And tomorrow probably the last day.

George

Real Name
    Manfred Mueller

Re: Just a little bit of winter

I think you are getting our weather and we are getting yours.

Normally at this time of year we have close to a meter of snow on our front lawn and currently there is almost no snow at all. Typically this does not happen until some time in April.

The Rideau Canal Skateway is typically close to the end of the season, but this year skating ended over 2 weeks ago. It has definitely been a strange winter for us. Typically we have maximum temperatures that are below 0 C, but we have had maximum temperatures in the +5C to 10C range over the past two weeks.

I am still waiting for the typical late winter weather of heavy snowfalls that drop 30 cm+ of snow in a single snowfall sometime in March. We might be out on our bicycles early this year...

Last edited by Manfred M; 3rd March 2018 at 12:03 AM.

Real Name
    George

The view of winter is changing. I saw this tree protection first in 2012. And 6 years later again. Olive trees in a bag.
    Within a few week I'm going to Switzerland, Saas-Fee. Snow height in the mountain 460cm, in the valley 120cm. Trying out my exposures in the snow.

George

Real Name
    John

Nicely captured, we got hopefully a final dump of snow yesterday; looked pretty but I've had enough of it.

Real Name
    George

It's the end already. From what I read the locks are open again.

I tried to shoot some pictures from my old place using panning. No experience with it.

To young still.

A next Olympic champignon?

Still on long shutterspeed.

Some equipment. He was shooting 3D. Once with the 2 camera's on the bottom and once with the 180 degrees camera on the top. You can google for thew specs.

When I analyze the panning pictures I think I had to use a ND filter to obtain a wider aperture. I just don't have one.

George