Thread: Salvation Army Building

Salvation Army Building

Am not at home with Photoshop - otherwise would make some changes! Worth pursuing?

Salvation Army Building

Real Name
    Kay

Re: Salvation Army Building

I like the colour tones working together
    I like the empty seat outside the door of an organisation offering help
    It feels a teeny bit tilted to me.
    So...yes

Real Name
    John

Seems straight to me , I think the angle of capture throws of its symmetry though. Nice effort, I would tone down the shadowy cloud though, it looks like a smudge as shown.

Real Name
    Ole

I like it. John is right about the cloud though.
    Cheers Ole

Real Name
    Nandakumar

Very nice colors; liked it

Real Name
    Manfred Mueller

Tough shot because the whole image has a cramped feeling to it. The colour scheme is a bit unusual. The square on shot works as it isolates the structure from its surroundings.

This is one scene that I would have intuitively thought of going B&W with, just to give it a bit more of a period look and it would downplay some of the distracting elements. Cropping most of the sky might be worth considering as well as it and the flag pole are not all that important to the composition.

Salvation Army Building

Real Name
    Richard

I think that the colors of the building do a lot to make this an interesting image.

I am guessing that this was not shot with the sensor exactly parallel to the front of the building. I think that the camera might have been positioned slightly towards the image right of the center line and pointed just a TAD towards the photographers right (image left) to include the entire building. It also "may" have been pointed up a TAD. I think that this right have resulted in both Kay and John's comments.

Unless on a tripod, it is often difficult to hold the camera with the sensor exactly parallel to a building. Even with the assists I get in the viewfinder of my 6D2, it is hard to maintain that EXACTLY parallel relationship on both axes.

BTW: I looked this up: the plural of axis is axes while the plural of axe is axses

I tried working with this image using the Camera RAW using the transform tool and it will take a lot of work to get the building directly centered with no distortions.