Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Can You Wait For 5 Minutes

Real Name
    Ole

Can You Wait For 5 Minutes

I spotted this scene just recently. I deliberately gave it some high sharpening as I liked the raw texture of the scene. Am I on the right track with this I wonder? C&C most welcome.

Can You Wait For 5 MinutesCan You Wait For 5 Minutes by Ole Hansen, on Flickr

Real Name
    John

Re: Can You Wait For 5 Minutes

I think you are on the right track, the upper scene showing the "Barbarella" sign is a bit too much; only issue is in the way I was introduced to the image. When I first opened the thread I only saw the upper portion, I thought I was viewing the first in a series. As my eyes adjusted to the scene I thought I was looking through a window at a bridge in the background, as I slowly scrolled down I realized this was just the upper portion of the whole scene.

As I look at the image as a whole my eyes keep getting drawn upwards and the awkwardness of the upper portion still plays on my mind, however as I look at the scene of the woman cleaning, the composition as shown doesn't feel complete, but the solidness of the counter frame just strikes me as too blunt, too out of place. Perhaps if you crop just above the "Barbarella" sign and eliminate the shelves it might work better for me. A nicely seen and captured image. If you have access to the scene and the woman is working on the day you arrive then see if you can replicate the scene.

Real Name
    Manfred Mueller

You have two images here. The part above the bottom of the window and the part above it, so compositionally it is a bit strange.

Concentrating on the "bottom picture" will give you a stronger composition.

Can You Wait For 5 Minutes

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Quote Originally Posted by Manfred M View Post
    You have two images here. The part above the bottom of the window and the part above it, so compositionally it is a bit strange.

Concentrating on the "bottom picture" will give you a stronger composition.
    Agreed.

Real Name
    Ole

John, Manfred and Donald. You are so right.
    Cheers Ole