Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sudden change in print darkness

Real Name
    Mark Elder

Re: Sudden change in print darkness

Quote Originally Posted by Manfred M View Post
    I agree Dan.

Mark - Does your calibration software that comes with the Eizo screen you are using tell you the brightness setting (candela / square metre)? That is still the first place to look at. Could you please tell us what it is? Profiling and calibration are only as good as the instructions that have been sent to the software).
    My Ezio is set to 80 cd/m2

But I really don't think screen calibration is leading me astray on this - because I have two screen (plus laptop) that are all about the right colour/brighhtness. What's wrong is the comparison of two prints printed using exact same settings (but a few months apart).

I'm still away from my printer and i've not had a chance to try ideas yet - but I'll update this thread once I do.

Thanks for all the help.

Real Name
    Dan

Do you have LR on the laptop as well? If so, you could try printing from that. If it prints correctly, then you would know that the problem lies in some LR settings on your main computer.

Real Name
    Manfred Mueller

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Elder View Post
    My Ezio is set to 80 cd/m2
    In that case the screen is not the issue. I'm running my screens at the same brightness and at that brightness setting my prints come out looking right most of the time with no additional changes in settings.

Are you on a Mac or PC? I've never printed from LR with a Mac, but I remember there were a couple of places where I had to change settings on the Epson printer adjustment screen (same drop down menu had be used for two different settings) whereas on a PC they are all appear on a single screen.

Next thought would be that printer manages colour has not been disabled and you have both the Adobe engine and the printer engine working against each other. If you could confirm this and it still does not fix the issue, I would put in a call to Epson Customer Support. Just make sure that the printer firmware and printer driver are up to date because that is likely the first question that they will ask you.

Real Name
    Dave

It certainly seems possible that the problem may lie within Lightroom. If you think that even might be the case, I strongly recommend joining up and posting something here: https://www.lightroomqueen.com/community/ There are several top notch Lightroom experts there, and it's a friendly place (like CiC)

Dave

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12