There have been a lot of replies since I last checked!

Colin, Thank you for the Al Jacobs wedding guide link. I've been gradually making my way through, trying to absorb as much as I can.

Raycer, The wedding will not be at a church, but more of a community center. They have the option of doing it indoors or outdoors and have said if it's nice outside that day, they'll do it outside on a large covered porch (no sides, just ceiling). My equipment for the wedding is a Canon 40D, lenses are Canon EF 28-105mm 1:3.5-4.5 and a Canon EF 85mm 1:1.8. I do have a flash that attaches to the top of the camera, I do not know if it can be used without being attached. I do have a tripod and reflector as well. I have also decided not to use my friend's offer of his Nikon and instead will have my point and shoot (Canon SD1100 IS) as a back up. I know it's not ideal, but it's a camera I'm familiar with and can manipulate quickly when needed.

Barry, Since they were not keen on using an additional photographer or assistant, especially someone they don't know, I'm not going to push it any further. My family is invited and my mom has offered to assist me in the details of the photos (arranging poses, dresses, flowers, etc.) and I think I will have her taking pictures with my point and shoot while I use my DSLR. Then I'll still have "backup photos" if needed.

I am VERY excited! I am registered for a "Fundamentals of Photography" class for the month of January and also a "Wedding Photography" class for the month of February! Really looking forward to learning more and perfecting my skill. Thank you everyone for the help and support!