Kate - NUDES

Real Name
    John

Re: Kate - NUDES

Nice series.

Real Name
    James Edwards

Hi Manfred, I've been following your studio shoots with models for a little while with great interest, but I've never done studio work or attempted this genre. Sso apart from 'informing' my ignorance, I've had no useful feeedback or general comment that I thought would be of any value to you.

That is still really very much the case, but.... Capture no 1 has pulled me up short. The overall composition is stunning. I presume you had in mind 'classic' Art Deco. The pose of your model, the distorted reflection of the backdrop at the base of the black chair, and the pattern created by the iron screen are wonderfully harmonius and rather magical.

As I said this genre is not really my thing, but this image is a joy.

Real Name
    Manfred Mueller

Thanks James! What I am trying to master is producing images that have a strong emotional impact on the viewer. Based on your comment of #1 (my best shot of the set), it seems to have worked, at least on you...

When she pulled out those long black gloves I knew I wanted to do a very funky shot. There was one of those plastic chairs around and that screen; the whole shot just came together in my head. The tricky part was getting the balance of the daylight coming through the window to balance with the indirect flash I was using to overpower it. I think I nailed the balance.

As for getting into this genre, frankly it happened by mistake. I had scheduled a shot with Sienna Hayes (Sienna Hayes - NUDES)and I was under the impression it was going to be an implied shoot and she thought it was going to be a nude shoot and hadn't brought any clothes along. After getting over the shock of shooting a model without any clothes on and being reasonably happy with the results I did a few more and every time I shoot the genre, I get better and better at it.

Real Name
    Ole

Manfred. The first picture is stunning.
    Cheers Ole